H can surprise you...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Even though he's a poo 99% of time, every now and then he'll do something that surprises me and reminds me of why 19 years ago I fell in love with him.

We drove to Appleton to find more work clothes for me. Had a nice lunch, then went into the mall. They had one of those temporary Humane Society stores set up with tons of cats, a few dogs and lots of hamsters and gerbils. We walk through, then out. H looks at me almost with tears in his eyes and says, "I can't stand that. It's just so sad. I want the gerbil."

I just stood there for a few good blank sections and said, "If you want the gerbil, go get it. But...you're cleaning it's cage. I've put in my time with gerbils as a kid." Then I went to shop. I come out about 1/2 later and he's just sitting on the bench. I thought he'd come to his senses.

"Did you get the gerbil?" Yep...already paid for him and he's not a gerbil. He's a Dego. I just shook my head.

So, we go and pick 'Skippy' up, cage and all for $5. He gave her a $20 and said to keep the change.

Of course, when we left the mall Petco is right across the street. Enter a trip to the store. I babysat Skippy in the car. H comes out like he was shopping for Christmas. Skippy now has every rodent toy, food, treats, neat little house, hay, bedding, etc. He is like a kid right now. It's good to see him happy.

Now I have 3 parrots in my kitchen and a dego in my livingroom. Sigh. I'll never have a normal house.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
How cute! I think you mean a degu though. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. dego is either a town or a racial slur, according to the sites I found. But degu is a small rodent.

They look cute in the photos on the web. Be sure to at least read the wikipedia entry on degu.

It is so neat when our guys act like little kids all excited over something.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, it is a degu. I have to admit...he' an adorable little guy. 9 months old and very friendly. He'll let you touch him, but not pick him up yet. He LOVES the birds and they are fasinated by him. Odd.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shush up Star...SHUSH UP STAR...okay Abbers...SHUSHING UP NOW. :surprise:

A $5.00 Degu huh? Well as long as he's happy. I mean Skippy. ;) You two should get along pretty well :alien: - you're both mainly nocturnal. :tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO

Gotta luv em huh? :D

My husband will carry on something fierce about all the animals that come thru our home. You'd think he hates animals if you didn't know him.

BUT I will not go to any shelter with him in tow. He's as bad as Nichole. It just breaks his heart and next thing I know he's pushing me to pick one to bring home.

He's been complaining about me feeding the pride of strays outside non stop. I wasn't home to feed the animals (outside or inside) tonight and forgot to ask him if he would. I came home to the pride of strays on the front porch munching supper. :rofl:

It's nice that he has a soft spot like that.