He has done it this time

DammitJanet

I have had it.

We are in really dire financial straights right now because of the stupid tax situation. Cory knows this. He lives here. Billy is going to help us out by loaning us some money to help pay part of the taxes. So what do we find out tonite when Billy goes online to check his bank account? Cory stole a check and wrote it out to himself and cashed it! For a hundred bucks! Its not even a good forgery and it has his ID on it.

Im livid. Billy is so upset. He was like...what do I do? I told him that tomorrow when we go to the bank we tell them that the check was stolen and to prosecute. They will credit the money back to his account and prosecute Cory. No questions asked.

Cory is already on probation..supervised. This will revoke it. Plus the added charge of bank fraud. Oh well...to bad so sad.

My main concern is the baby. Her mother left her here 2 weeks ago and hasnt been back since. Guess I will end up having to go to social services and telling them both parents are unfit.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sorry, Janet. It's just ridiculous when they keep repeating the same stupid behaviors. :grrr:

Hugs,
Suz

donna723

Aw Janet, It just never stops, does it?!? I'm so sorry. It's kind of mind boggling ... he HAD to know that his brother would find out he did this ... was he just assuming that he would let it pass? Sending lots of hugs. Let us know how it turns out.
:hammer:

KFld

I cannot believe either, that she left her daughter there and hasn't been back in 2 weeks and that Cory would do that :smile:

Where is Cory living right now anyway?? I don't blame you for pressing charges. This has to be stopped. I'm glad Billy is willing to do this. I'm sure it's not easy for any of you, but obviously these things are going to continue to happen if something isn't done. I believe anything over $100 is a felony also, so he will be in big trouble if I'm right.

Are you going to try and get custody and raise your granddaughter yourself?

donna723

That's what I was wondering too, about the baby. If it comes down to it, would you try to get custody? Are you keeping track of all these "absences" and how often the baby is left with you with no word from her mom?

And where are the other grandparents in all this?

amstrong

Geeze Janet, I am sorry about this development. I sincerely hope Billy makes sure Cory pays the consequences of his behavior. Keep your chin up, as always in the land of GFGdom, this will pass and you will be stronger-get that Rhino Suit out!

Hugs,

Sunlight

janet... you have to do this. Cory has no conscience when it comes to his family. you have to teach him one.

I wish so badly I could get custody of Kaleb. both his parents are unfit as well right now. sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I guess the really sad part is the boy isn't even smart enough to cover his own tracks. sheesh

I think you're doing the right thing. Cory has got to learn, and he seems set on making it be the hard way.

I'd go to childrens services and report Mom for abandonment. (that's getting ridiculous) Hopefully you can gain custody and Keyana will be able to stay in a more stable environment.

Makes ya want to pound their head into a wall, doesn't it? :grrr:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Aww, Janet...this stinks on many levels. :sad:

There is no reason you should be put in the position to raise this baby, even though it's your granddaughter. It appears neither parent is very interested. I hate to say it, but contacting social services and possibly considering adoption out might do one of two things: 1) Shake the living daylights out of it's parents, or 2) give the baby a solid, secure, and happy home.

So sorry.

Abbey

DammitJanet

We pressed charges.

I would never have the baby adopted. I will raise her. I always wanted a girl but quit trying after three boys. If for some reason I couldnt do the job because something happened to me, Jamie would step in with no questions asked. There are enough of us to raise this child.

Im hoping maybe this time Cory will get consequences severe enough that he will learn his lesson. Who knows.

rejectedmom

Janet, I am so sorry that your family is suffering at the hands of one of its own. cory needs to learn responsibility in so many ways. He needs to learn that family have rights too and that his brother's and your money isn't his money to take as he pleases. You need to do what you need to do for your family and for that sweet grandchild. (((HUGS))) -RM

hearthope

Sorry Janet! I am glad you pressed charges.

Makes you wonder? Did he think that no one would notice?

I hope what ever he spent it on was VERY important, because he sure is going to pay alot more for it than 100 bucks!

everywoman

Janet, As you know, I know what you are dealing with. My son is a theif---he doesn't care who he steals from as long as he gets what he wants. So far, I have kept husband from posting bond. He(husband) seems to finally "get" some of the issues. Sister in law has been a big help---she is too seeing that my son needs more help than we can give him. I'm sorry that Cory did this. You would think that having a child who make them mature some, but....Big Hug!

Jen

It is so upsetting when you cant even get one parent to be dependable. We all put ourselves in the position of that poor baby, then want to pull our hair out when our kids make these poor choices, that they certainly didnt learn from us.

Our generation , I feel, thinks always that family comes first.

It will bee interesting in the future if our kids that have these selfish bad habits, will also be the ones to turn their back on their grandchildren?

Proud of you Janet

Jen