He strikes again...Im done.

gottaloveem

When he put the checkbook back did he actually think you would never know there were missing checks?

I can't imagine what he was thinking.

I know this must be tearing you up. I am so sorry.

Does he know you know? Does he know "dog the bounty hunter" will be looking for him soon?

(((HUGS)))

Jen

It just makes you sick doesnt? So does alot of emmotions running through your brain.
He oviously has left you know choice, and the proof to place him where he needs to go, hmmm on that one. Mine still to smart for that one.
With ya, Janet,

Jen

DammitJanet

Who knows what was in his mind. He has to know I would find out. I have told him time and time again I check my balance online and I find things out rather quickly. Maybe he thought he tore out all the carbons and by putting the book back I wouldnt notice...who knows. He would have been smarter to take ALL the blank checks.

I dont know if he knows I know yet or not. I havent said a word. I just talked to the bail bondsman and she is going to get with her pick up guy and see if he is available to pick him up today. If not, that will cause more problems because I dont know when else I can provide him.

I do have to wonder if he knows because the box they were in was in my bathroom and I forgot to put it back all nice and tidy and I think he was in my bathroom this morning. The door to the cabinet was shut but if he opened it, it would be obvious I had found out. If he says anything I am going to say that ALL my checks were stolen and that I have reported it to the police and not make any remarks about even thinking it was him. Let him think someone else moved them, or came in and stole them.

DazedandConfused

Janet,

Did you fill out a Declaration of Forgery at the bank?

If the laws are in the same as they are here (they may be federal laws) the bank has to return those checks (or copies) to whoever cashed them as forgeries and GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY.

You shouldn't take the financial hit for this.

I'm so sorry. Cory is really putting you through the ringer.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

I filled everything out and they are returning my money.

We are all waiting with baited breath right now as Cory is asleep on the couch and the bonds people are due to show up in about 2 hours.

Everyone I could sure use your good thoughts in the hours and days to come because while I know this is the right thing to do and I have to do it, it is by far the hardest thing I have ever done when I think about my grand daughter. Im praying she doesnt appear at the house before they come to take him because I dont want her to see him being taken away. He may not see her again until she is much much older. Sigh. Its breaking my heart.

I didnt sleep a wink last night and my stomach is sick.

loricbme

Janet,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine going through what you're going through right now. You are doing the right thing no matter how hard it is. Peace to you.

Janet - My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am new to this site but I know how it hurts. Keep remembering you are doing the right thing. That is the only way he can get any kind of help. Susan Lett(my son in jail)

Sweetie, you are in my prayers. Sending you strength. We are all very proud of your perseverence in this difficult situation. Hang in there, baby.

Kathy813

Staff member
Of course you are doing the right thing, Janet. You can't let him continue to steal from you and take advantage of you.

I agree with what Suz said. I'm surprised that you even let him back into your house after the violent episode. I don't understand how the hospital could have forced you into taking an adult who had threatened you back into your home.

But regardless of all that, this has to be the final straw. He obviously feels no remorse at doing these things to you.

My heart hurts for you but know that you are doing the right thing. I hope it goes smoothly.

~Kathy

KFld

I just got back from vacation today and saw this post. I know exactly what you are feeling because that was the last day my son lived in my house was the day I discovered he was stealing, forging, and cashing my checks, with no concern as to what it would do to my credit.

I feel for you and know exactly what you are going through. I'm glad you had the courage to turn him in and I pray they picked him up.

I'll be watching to see what happened

gottaloveem

((((((HUGS)))))))

I know your mommy heart is breaking in two. I do agree with the others that you are doing the right thing. Cory has had many chances and has blown every single one. Maybe you're avoiding bigger trouble down the road.

I hope everything went as smoothly as possible when they came to get Cory.

You will be in my thoughts.

DammitJanet

Well...they never showed up!

I am getting so fed up with anything to do with law enforcement down here that I could scream. My nerves simply cannot take all this. I cant be responsible for keeping him captive 24 hours a day so that maybe, someone will show up to get him. Nope...aint happening. I have told them to revoke now its up to them to figure out how. Im not gonna do anymore arranging for them because it just drives me insane.

I just spent the last 5.5 hours in the ER with upper abdominal pain. They arent sure if its a sick gallbladder or diverticulitis or just my IBS acting up so they gave me a pain shot, more pain pills and told me to go to my family doctor. Ugh. Maybe its stress!

DDD

Ya think...maybe?? Not making fun of you hurting, but the stress
that you are under would make anybody hurt and run to the potty!
I'm sorry. My personal experience is that there is "real life
time" and then....there is "law enforcement time". Most of the
time I don't get it either. Sending hugs. DDD

scent of cedar

This is awful, Janet.

I just don't even know what to say.

I hope you are feeling better today.

This must be one of the hardest things you have ever done.

I don't even mean reporting what has happened and waiting for them to come for Cory ~ I mean the whole thing.

How much are any of us supposed to be able to take without losing it altogether?

You did what you had to do.

Now, you just have to figure out how to survive it.

There was no other choice, Janet.

I remember a posting from awhile back where Cory grabbed your purse and got a little physical with you.

You really did not have another option this time.

Sending strength ~ I am so sorry this is happening.

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The first thing I thought of when I read that you'd called to have Cory picked up was hoping that you had already confiscated all weapons because of the huge probability of Cory going ballistic when he realizes what's up. Please tell me you have, Janet.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you did what you did. Just please stay safe.

Hugs,
Suz

hearthope

Janet I am so sorry. You have done the right thing, hard as it is, it is the right thing.

When my Corey was acting the way your Cory is acting, we found out he was doing much harder drugs than pot. Is it possible that is what is happening?

I hope they show up for him and he goes quietly.

You are stronger than me, I don't think I could look my son in the face if he stole money from my account, let alone still have him in the house knowing what he is capable of.

Please be careful. I know the stress is taking it's toll on you.

Know we are all here and lot's of us would be there to take your place and wait for them to show up if we could.

The right thing is often the hardest, you are helping him the most now. He cannot continue to think he is above the law. He has to live by the same rules as everyone else.

(((HUGS))) to you!

Traci

rejectedmom

Janet, I just got home and thought I would check on my friends at CD.com. I am so sorry for your pain and your stress. I have been in your shoes and i know how hard the waiting is. It took them 3 days to pick up my son after I revoked his bail. They were among the most worriesome days of my life. Like you i knew I did the right thing but my heart was so hurt for having been put in that awful position. I am sending many caring thoughts your way. I wish you peace of heart mind and soul. I also hope that it finds it way in your every day existence very soon. -RM

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thinking of you Janet. Hoping your tummy is feeling better, and law-enforcement has done their job.

Gentle hugs, strong prayers.

Peace