Healthy eating/working out update

Going North,

:bravo: It's wonderful you've lost seven pounds!!! Even though this is so difficult for you, you're making progress... Keep up the good work!!! I'll be thinking of you... WFEN :flower:

Fran,

I think I'm going to buy some low cal popsicles. I think this might help me too. Thanks.

Definitely try the elliptical. It really does give you a good workout without the stress on your joints. Even though I'm not sure about this, I think it might help with the upper arms... Let me know what you think. WFEN

Nomad,

Can you ship your personal trainer to me when you're finished??? :rofl:

Thank you so much for the Hungry Girl website!!! You're right. I love it!!! I bought one of the Lean Cuisine pasta dishes they recommended. I actually liked it!!! I forget what it was called, but it was stuffed rigatoni (SP?) with veggies. I'm definitely going to be going to that site often!!!

I like your attitude. While we need to make changes to our diets, we don't have to be miserable!!! After all, as I always say, being thin is definitely a lifestyle change. You can't go back to your old ways of eating and expect to keep the weight off. Smaller portions of favorite junk foods just might help us accomplish this. Now, if you can just help me not to want the entire box of smaller portions of junk food... :nonono: :devil: :rofl:... WFEN

Yesterday was a bad day. :nonono: :devil: I definitely didn't follow my own advice!!! :hammer: I "pigged out"!!! :hammer:

I know it was all emotional eating. Now that I've acknowledged this, today will be a better one. :hypnosis: I'm going shopping and I'm going to buy myself a new outfit. This will help me get back on track fast!!! :smile: However, I think I'll wait a few days before getting back on the scale... :smile: WFEN

JJJ

Hello ladies,

I'm hoping I'm back on track with healthy eating. I had heard of the South Beach diets but never really paid any attention to it thinking it was one of those "fad" diets. But my doctor said she only ever recommends WW & South Beach. I've already tried and failed WW so I thought it couldn't hurt to try South Beach. So far, so good!

The scale is creeping downward and I rarely feel hungry. When I do, I have a cheese stick and a glass of sugar-free lemonade with fiber and it seems to work. I'm almost halfway through Phase One - no carbs but next Thursday I move to Phase two and get some carbs back :smile: sadly I don't think that means daily batches of chocolate chip cookies :wink:

We're going on vacation today so wish me luck that I can maintain while in a different country, running around watching 30+ hockey games.

Best of luck to all of you this week,