Help for my son and myself

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by marykay223, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marykay223

    marykay223 There has to be help

    My 23 year old son has issues that have been worsening and worsening. I had to remove him from the health insurance due to miss use of the medications. He has repeatedly threatened me with all sort of issues that are not true. I have had to unplug my phone and put my cell phone on silent so that I don't have to listen to his ranting and raving. He needs to be in a long term facility and I have written 100s of letters to Dr Phil but have not gotten a response. My friends are stating that I need to file harrassment charges on him and maybe that would make it stop. I don't think so. I am at a complete loss of what to do. I have a therapist that states - "he will never be normal like other young adults" and "that he will always find someone to take care of him." When he gets on these tangents - I have started to just keep the issues to myself, because I don't want my friends having to deal with this. He needs to be in a long term facility that he will not be able to AMA himself. Any suggestions?
  2. Big Bad Kitty

    Big Bad Kitty lolcat

    MaryKay, check your other post in this forum. There have been responses to it.

    Does your son live with you? If he does not, then I would certainly file harassment charges. Once a child is over the age of 18 he will only get help if he thinks he needs it; you cannot force it.
  3. Suz

    Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

    MaryKay, Smallworld moved it here for you. I'll lock this thread so it doesn't get confusing and you can post on the other one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.