HOW does he do the things he does???

InsaneCdn

Star... In our house? As soon as the coffee pot is empty, it is WASHED, dried, and returned to it's rightful place.
It's the only way husband and I have found that doesn't result in one or the other of us having this problem consistently. of course... because husband is the clean-up crew... it would be HIS to clean up. Unless... it ends up being my mess. So... BOTH of us clean and replace the pot.

on the other hand... ever set everything up for coffee for husband before leaving for work? and husband turns on coffee machine? And... what comes out is hot water? We both forgot to put the coffee grounds in... <oops>

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We have no rules on the coffeepot, unless one of us remembers to ask the other or does it ourselves.

Every now and then (about once every 2 weeks or so) Onyxx will set it up to brew. And about twice that often, husband will set it up. Mostly though it's me.

Of course, I drink more coffee than anyone else. So I guess it's kind of fair...

And the messes? husband shakes, sloshes coffee on the counter or floor (or occasionally the wall) and doesn't notice. Since Onyxx came home, this happens less - I think she's wiping it up before I see it. I threatened to get him a sippy cup...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I swear I have a *dribble* coffee pot. Every time I pour it, no matter how careful I am..........it dribbles on the darn counter. I've tried various angles with no improvement.

muttmeister

I swear I have a *dribble* coffee pot. Every time I pour it, no matter how careful I am..........it dribbles on the darn counter. I've tried various angles with no improvement.

Just about every pot I've ever had is like that. Sexist that I am, I always figured they were designed by men!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip

The only ones that don't do this, in my experience, are kind of egg-shaped *OR* the kind that restaurants use. Not the little tabletop carafes, the actual glass pots.

This shape pours all over counters: http://www.mrcoffee.com/Product.aspx?pid=7645

This shape is awesome: http://www.mrcoffee.com/Product.aspx?pid=7634

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! It'd take a tanker of Calgon to get me right........

ON TAPING A BOX.........

HONEY will you come out here and help me tape up this box?
Yeah - I just sat down to talk to the girls on the board - does it have to be done RIGHT this minute?
YES, YES IT DOES - the AC guy is coming and I need to get it OUT of his way - (IF you could see the man cave .......oy vey) ---but of COURSE this one little box of baby clothes is the MAIN ISSUE. OKAY coming.

SO he puts it on a wheeled cart -(WHEELED as in COULD roll in circles) (Cart as in portable - rolling, rolling ........rolling)
THEN HE gets in this HUNKERED DOWN POSITION AS IF the box and he were going to wrestle for money - kinda cross between HS and SUMO - picture it without the growling and you have it. I stiffled a laugh.
HE hands me the tape while he's all crouching tiger - hidden sanity.
IT's not even peeled from the roll -
(AH but YOU have nails star.......Ah yes - and the manicure I spent 4 hours on yesterday to look nice for my psychiatric evaluation I wanted to PIZZ away on some nazzay roll of tape for a box of clothes for the AC man) UGH.
GOT IT and NOW - UM HONEY _ BACK AWAY FROM THE BOX --------BACK AWAY From -WELL I NEED TO START THE TAPE ON THAT SIDE ----WHY?????? SO IT GETS A GOOD GRIP......DUH.....
And I pull the tape towards me and around in front of me left to right and I start to hand him the roll so he can pull it around in front of him and what does he do???? HE MOVES to MY SIDE.......HONEST TO GOODNESS.
I'm like WHAT????? WHAT are you doing?????????
HE SAYS ????? MOVING
I can see that!! But why?
SO you can tape the box - and then he says - DUH?! (FUR on my neck stands up)
And I'm like - STAND BACK WHERE YOU WERE.....DUH
And he says - WELL IT JUST MAKES MORE SENSE FOR YOU TO WALK AROUND THE BOX....(okay if it were like Jonas whale size maybe but this box is like 10" square - I can HAND the tape to you OR you could just stand there and ROLL the cart around........it has wheels)
NOPE - we're doing it MY WAY this morning - WALK AROUND WITH THE TAPE STAR.....

O.M.W. Is he for real? So I start walking around like I'm playing musical chairs in third grade and he says - WALK AWAY from the box so the tape stays TIGHT......!!!
ANd I said - "I'll tell YOU what I think is TIGHT this morning." Then twisted my face and my eye brown -the left one raises all on it's own when I'm just a teentsy bit puzzled. Up it went. Giving me away.

And he is STILL walking around this 10" box, on a cart, in this crouching position - and I swear to you this after noon? I'm counting medications.........MMMMMMMM hmmmmm.

When we were done.....? I grabbed that box and tossed it into the living room......Problem solved......and the tape came off like (snap ) the minute it hit the floor. ROFLM cheap tape OFF. UGH.

From the den I hear - WAS THAT THE BOX?? DID THE TAPE COME OFF????

And I'll tell you what TAPE He's gonna get this afternoon when I get back from my psychiatric evaluation - because if they find me crazy? It won't matter will it?

:flirtysmile3: