How was your Christmas?

BusynMember

Ours was better than I expected. We hid Sonic's big present (a new, flat screen TV) and he had to hunt for it. Jumper liked her gifts. Both were surprised. They got me and Tom some gifts...very sweet ones. We watched a Christmas movie then Jumper and me went to Walgreens, the only place open, to buy a few things. When we came home we heated up our pre-cooked meal. To my surprise, it was really good! Sonic didn't eat much, but the rest of us did and I'm full.

I guess it was a lot better than sharing the holiday with a bunch of relatives I don't like...lol. The four of us get along really well. I did miss Julie, our oldest daughter, but we'll get to see her in a few weeks.

Hope everyone else had a peaceful, nice holiday or a rowdy fun holiday...lol.

DDD

I'm glad you had a nice day. We did, too. easy child/difficult child and his girlfriend spent the night last night and the four of us (plus Ace) enjoyed stockings, presents and a pig out brunch. The rest of the day was long distance calls from "some" of our kids, eating leftovers and napping. We feel fortunate and I'm glad you do too. Hugs DDD

JKF

Ours was nice. I'm glad it's over though. Missed a call from difficult child this morning and I'm sad I didn't get to talk to him. I hope he knows he was missed today. Besides that we had a nice Christmas morning at home and then spent the afternoon/evening with my side of the family. Very nice but I'm exhausted!

KTMom91

We've had a really nice time. Last night was spent with Hubby's family, and we had lunch at my mom's today. Miss KT came down but missed her boyfriend too much, and changed her ticket and flew back on Christmas Eve. It's been low-key and peaceful, just the way I like it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Ours was nice overall. difficult child is still like a 5 or 6 year old when it comes to Christmas so he was wide awake at 3:00 this morning and kept waking us up every 20 minutes or so until we finally got up at 6:00.

Eventually we all ended up taking a nap. We had a quiet peaceful day and I made a prime rib encrusted in kosher salt-turned out delicious!

Tonight we watched the movie Joyelle Noel (not sure about the spelling). Great movie based on a real even in WWI when somewhere on the front they called a cease fire for the night and shared time with one another.

DammitJanet

I dont mind watching TV in my room but for heavens sake can they put something besides Xmas shows on just about every single channel for those of us who are xmased out! I had my choice of Xmas movies, Xmas cartoons or reruns. Even the syfy was Xmas! And I hate syfy.

SuZir

Mine has been better than I feared at least till now. difficult child has been able to swallow his disappointment and be happy for easy child over things going very differently for them lately in sports. He isn't feeling good, but tries his best to behave like he was okay. That is best I can ask from him right now. He and husband continue to be at odds but both try to behave.

mother in law was mother in law but I have to give her that she really knows how to throw a party. There was almost 30 of us at her place for Christmas Eve (Eve night is the main event of Christmas around here, also gifts are opened then after Santa Claus brings them after Christmas Eve dinner. Our Santa doesn't come during night and doesn't use chimneys, he comes to visit, brings gifts with him and kids sing to him and he gives presents to everyone) and she handled it better than I would ever be able to. Food was excellent and atmosphere nice, and she was too busy to harp too much of me, difficult child or her other currently unfavoured children/in-laws/grands. It was also really fun to be around small children during Christmas (my difficult child is the oldest of the cousin bunch, youngest is only two-years-old and there is still at least one in the way.) We had one of husband's sisters and her family over a Christmas night and that was enjoyable.

difficult child's girlfriend also joined us at Christmas day and they are leaving tonight. Also easy child will leave for a camp today. Me and husband will have a lot of visiting and hosting to do till Epiphany.

I have really enjoyed having my sons home for Christmas and it has been much better than I feared. But I have to say I have to work quite hard to like my difficult child's girlfriend and I'm not too sure I will succeed.

buddy

Your day sounds great mwm, I'm so happy your little family could make such a nice memory! Sounds like most so far faired pretty well but ...Janet, guess what? I LIKE Christmas and those shows but am just sick of them too! LOL I was thinking the same... I've watched at least parts of them all, enough already. I prefer the old time tv shows on lately like Mr Ed and The Flying Nun....they bring back memories. Q was so good and I wasn't called a single name. He only got a little off when we came home last night. Had about a half hour of transition stress and then calmed and started focusing on gifts.
By far our best behaved Christmas eve and day ever. And you can bet that as much as he could tolerate, we told him so.

pasajes4

I spent the day at my daughter's house. The grands were a riot. My son-in-law cooked and it was fantastic. My difficult child got to call and talk to everyone. I could hear him start to choke up and that almost got me. I hope he reflects on why he was not with us yesterday. My oldest son had to work the ER, but managed to call. His daughter spent the day with us and will have today with daddy.

LittleDudesMom

MWM, sounds like a wonderful day for you family!

Our day was wonderful and relaxing. Everyone but easy child and I slept in so we had everything ready when folks ventured downstairs! Had some early morning visitors from exbonehead's family, then a huge brunch at 12:30. Oh, mimosas started at 10.....

We spent the day in the family room by the fire talking and watching a few Christmas movies until around 6 when we moved to the living room and popped open some more champagne! It was a great day. We never got to our Christmas ham dinner since brunch was so much -- mom and my brother are heading down south tomorrow but will return next Thursday so we will have that Christmas dinner then!

All in all, a wonderful Christmas.

Sharon

BusynMember

I'm so happy for those who had a nice Christmas!

Janet, I was getting tired of Christmas movies too. Although I do like The Santa Clause I! It's one of my favorites. Still...watching another movie, not about Christmas, would have been nice after all that Christmas!

We had a very nice and relaxing Christmas Eve with some of husband's relatives and a nice Christmas dinner with some other's. The cooking and cleaning were alot of work, but it was peaceful in general. Today I just feel this incredible sense of peace. Maybe because everything went so well, that and everything is put away and cleaned up.

donna723

Ours came out really nice, but exhausting since we made a 600 mile trip. My son and I left Tennessee about 5:30 pm Friday and got to my daughter's house in Charleston, SC early Saturday morning. It was a bit awkward since my daughter and sister in law are officially separated but worth it because that's the only time I get to see my 3-1/2 year old grandson, Ethan. He's so big this year, so grown up, so bright, and you can have regular conversations with him now. He's turned in to a real little snuggle bug and is at that painfully cute stage and it just kills me that I don't get to see him more often. And my son never smiles more than when he's talking to his nephew!

Of course the seperation and impending divorce is the "elephant in the room" and makes it very awkward. They seem to have stalled halfway through and have reached this weird truce to keep from hurting Ethan but it can't go on forever. sister in law has his own apartment with a bedroom for Ethan but Ethan has never stayed there. They share the grocery bill and sister in law comes over every night after work, they cook and have dinner together, then when Ethan goes to bed, sister in law goes home. He stayed there (on the sofa) Christmas Eve so he would be there when Ethan got up. We just never talked about it at all. But my daughter would rather have him over there every day than to have Ethan go spend weekends alone with his dad. After caring for the little guy every minute of the last 3-1/2 years, she wouldn't know what to do without him. So strange!

We had to leave about noon on Christmas day because my son had to be at work at 6:00 am today. But, all in all, it was a lovely weekend and we got to share it with a three year old, and that's what it's all about.

Jody

I think this was the best Christmas ever. I didn't do what I normally do and over buy Christmas presents just so they have a lot to open Christmas morning. My car engine blew up on Saturday. But I can get around with the help of bus the city provides for people who can't catch the regular bus. I can't with my arthritis and fibromyalga issues, but anyway, we played a really fun board game called Blockus. Had a tournament going. Lot's of laughing and joking. We ate forever, cheese ravioli with roma tomatoes, garlic, spinach and marinated artichokes, yum, hot wings, green bean casserole, beer bread and vegetable soup all day long. pumpkin pie, baked oatmeal bars with fruit. Very relaxing day. I had gone from store to store trying to find things for the girls, while I was doing it I just decided no, they have everything already. I bought gloves, hats, socks, and a few other items for each. They loved their presents. We did the same thing all over again the next day. I was wore out by 7 pm last night and went to bed early and watched tv or it watched me. Going to try and have as nice a New Years as we did Christmas. Oldest daughter leaves back for college on the 2nd. I hate when she leaves. I hope everyone on here has a better year next year!!!!!!!!

Lothlorien

We spent the week before inGA, visiting with family who rented a cabin in the mountains....it was beautiful! We came home late Sunday night. I had to work briefly Mon morning and get prepped for Christmas day, as I was hosting. Crazy right? I asked everyone to bring something, so it wasn't all that bad. It was lighter than past years, but I was ok with that. We always have too much food anyway.

My baby sis got engaged on Christmas eve and she was here for the day. Lil bro was here with his little ones and my parents and husband's dad was here. It was a nice day overall. I'm glad it's over. Missy has been behaving like her old self with all the goings on. We have had it with her behavior. Now that the anxiety over our trip and the holidays are over, we hope she might get back on track again.