I behaved today :)

Jena

:tongue:hi,

so as many of you know I had a play today, boyfriend's easy child. His gay ex wife was going to be there and I was just a tad bit nervous.

She ofcourse text him all morning long, she called twice to remind him of the time and to "warn" him to be on time to it. ugh. (he's soo gotta learn he doesn't have to answer to her anymore). I guess after 18 years it takes time.

So, anyway i went looking like sh*t ofcourse, make up was not helping today and i smiled alot. I acted gracious and made a point of saying hi as she came in and completely ignored me, easy child and difficult child. I went out of my way to be nice, and followed everyone's advice.

It was better, better for me, my kids. I usually do act that way but as of late was getting fed up with her constant interruptions into our life, and constant phone calls.

Yet as many of you taught me here, taking the high ride is much better as is realizing it is up to him to control her aggressive ways. She feels that they shoud still be best friends.

anyway thanks guys

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad you took the high road. It is hard, but it can be rewarding.

My Daddy always said, "Smile - it makes everyone wonder what you are up to."

It also drives people who don't like you up the WALL because they don't want you to be happy.

How was the play? Was she excellent in it??

Jena

Notice I wrote "high ride' not road? Wow i'm tired LOL. I pm'd you also.

Play wasn't as good as last one she was in, yet she did a good job. Her part was gate keeper in the Wiz, so she fell into that role very well (shes' got a bit of a tude shall we say:) )

I fell asleep half way thru on his shoulder, i was sick. as long as no one saw me sleeping. difficult child loved it, she's amazed by theatre she sits so still. I love watching her smile.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I took a high ride once -

Got up on a Clydesdale, Thoroughbred mix after a gin and tonic or twelve and took a high ride in the moon light- it was great until the imaginary glue on my butt got too cold to be sticky and I fell off.

That night I fell off the wagon, came down off my high horse and fell off my high ride all in one fell plop.

Not into plop - fell into snow luckily.

Glad you made it.