I did it - I got my hair

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
cut ridiculously short. I've been struggling more & more doing my hair & keeping it looking nice. kt, my niece T & I went out for a day of beauty & the 3 of us got our hair cut.

Think Jamie Lee Curtis short. It feels so very different with-o all that hair (though I didn't think I had that much). It was a fun day with kt, T & I sitting side by side laughing & having our hair cut at the same time. I think the stylists were having more fun than we were as the 3 of us were talking back & forth & making all sorts of jokes.

Never did get school shopping started for kt - too much time at the salon. We still have time.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Timer. I think that once you get used to it, you will enjoy your short hair.

I wear mine VERY shot (man-short). I can't tolerate the longer, shaggier cuts because my Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) makes me insane if I have hair touching my face.

For many years I wore my hair very long but skinned back in a braid or pony-tail. (I used to take it down for husband under certain errrrr "circumstances")

My hair is wild and wavy.

I had it cropped shortly after husband died. I don't plan on another partner wanting to run their fingers through it and even very short it still takes forever to rinse and dry.

I don't find that short hair makes me look "younger" or anything like that, nor do I care. For me it is an "ease of ownership" issue.

klmno

I've been thinking about doing this but haven't gotten the nerve yet. Are you going to let us see some photos? I bet it lokks great!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Photos...photos...photos!!!

I've spent the better part of the last few years growing out my hair in a last ditch attempt at looking young. Well...it's just basically long, grey and narly. I pull it up in a pony anyways. One can dream!

Glad you had a good day!

Abbey

everywoman

Good for you. There's nothing like a new "do" to lift your spirits and make you feel brand new. Enjoy the new style. And buy some really big chunky earrings to set it off!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm jealous. :D

I want my hair that short. I'm so tired of dealing with it. And the last cut turned out bad. Which is of course why I'm afriad to try again. lol

Enjoy it. It will be nice once you get used to it.

Sounds like a fun time for everyone.

hugs

N

Nomad

Good for you! Too funny...I got my hair cut a little shorter on Saturday. I'm not as brave as you! Have fun with your new hairdo! And have fun shopping today!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like a fun cut!!! I know I'll go really short eventually. Mine was very short (I think it might have been that way when I met you). I grew mine out for almost 3 years before I could put a ponytail in it. Then my mom told me I was too old for long here, needless to say I haven't cut it yet. Now my hair is very long, not sure how long before I'll get it cut short.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I may actually go back & get the top of my hair thinned out a bit more - it stands on end in ways I don't like. I think the shaping needs a bit of shaping & layering. I'll think about posting pics - I do my best to avoid cameras of late.

Mattsmom277

Sounds like a great way to have spent your day. And I love short cuts! Ironically my hair has been growing for 4 years. From man short to it now resting just above my hips! S/O kindly plucks my whites (white - not gray sadly which I find so pretty!) but they are increasing and soon we won't be keeping up with them. I plan to go super short again, I'm thinking next year. I bet it looks great :)
As for shaping, sometimes a short cut is a bigger pain than long, if it isn't shaped the way you like it. So if you think it needs it, I bet afterwards you're going to LOVE it!!! With the right shaping, my short hair was so easy. I'd wash it, put a very small amount of product in after towel drying and that was it. 3 minutes out of the shower and my hair was set for the day.
Enjoy! :)

LittleDudesMom

Hey Linda,

I'm sure it's much easier for you to deal with! I've been thinking about cutting mine for a couple years. I wear it pinned up in a twist or a bun during the warm weather and down in the winter (although it takes a long time because I dry and straighten it because it's wavy and thick). That's what has stopped me from cutting it short - it's wavy and I'm not sure how it will look short........

Send pics!

Sharon