I have no idea what got into me but....

mstang67chic

Going Green
....I'm almost completely done with my Christmas shopping!!!!! :dance: :jumphappy:

husband gets bonuses from work in the form of gift cards. He can pick from a large list of stores so he got them this time from Kmart and we went today armed with those and a list. I only have one more thing to buy for difficult child and need something for my friend's son and my oldest sister. Of course, I also have birthday presents for the same sister and my brother because their bdays are at the beginning of the month but I usually do smaller gifts for that since it's so close to Christmas.

I had to laugh though because it doesn't appear I'm going to be at all surprised Christmas morning as I picked out my gifts today. LOL husband put a Snuggie box in the cart and tried to tell me it was for one of my sisters. I knew better and he fessed up anyway. I need a new coat so one went in the cart and we also grabbed a new crock pot. Kmart had a 6 quart one on sale for 19.99 and I wasn't going to pass it up as the only one I have right now is a 2 quart. But...in the middle of all of this, I had called my step-mom to verify something for one of the kids. I told her about the crockpot deal, mentioned it was in the cart and recived a stern "put it BACK on the shelf". :rofl:

Oh and for those of you with ipod owning girls....I found the neatest thing! Kmart had zip up hoodies that connect to ipods. There is a cord in one of the pockets that plugs into the ipod and the hoodie drawstrings have ear buds on the ends. The whole thing is washable and it was 15 bucks. It may not be the best thing to wear to school but I still thought it was cool.

I'm pretty proud of myself though. I have the majority done BEFORE the dreaded Black Friday!!!!

M

ML

Good for you! I'm envious. Though mom and I agreed today we're not exchanging with she, step dad or brother. They will buy for manster only. I don't have that much, just manster, stepsons, husband (whose birthday is also around then, Jan 8) and a few friends.

Anyway, the trip to the mart sounds like it was fun and I'm glad you got the brunt of it out of the way :)

donna723

OMG! I'm jealous too! That must be such a relief to have the shopping done!

I've already spent about half the money I had allotted for Christmas but I haven't been inside a store yet! I got my son, daughter and sister in law all Visa pre-paid gift cards but as far as anything else, I don't even know what I'm going to get. I'm having that portrait of the baby done by an artist for my daughter and sister in law and I know they will be absolutely speechless when they see it! This girl is GOOD! And I'm getting them a Toys R Us gift card for the baby and a few little toys and clothes. I talked to my daughter this afternoon to get a few more hints. I have money put aside but I still have to get my car worked on before we make that 600 mile trip to S. Carolina and I don't know how much that will be ... then I have to pay to board the dogs, FOUR of them this time! I think I need a 'bailout'! :tongue:

Mattsmom277

Congrats! I haven't even started *GULP*. I did pick up a few stocking stuffers for easy child. But made the mistake of leaving them in a bag with new Santa hats for us all. She saw the hats, went through the bag. Whats this other stuff Mom?? Umm .... obviously 10 year old GIRL STUFF. GRR!!! I could have kicked myself.

Fortunatly I have a very scripted list for difficult child and easy child. S/O and I changed our minds on each others gifts this year. We weren't going to exchange gifts but have decided with a bursary from college he is recieving, to each get each other something. Mind you, we know what we are getting lol. My birthday is coming soon so I'm getting a joint birthday and Christmas gift, a Kindle! And he is getting a nice quality telescope with tripod. Shopping hopefully will be easy with the kids lists I made.

I'm still envious you have finished! GEESH! Aren't you the model we strive for? lol

mstang67chic

Going Green
Mattsmom.....HA! This didn't get done because I'm so freakishly organized. This was done so I won't have to face any more shopping than absolutely necessary until the holidays are over! I detest shopping for ANYTHING this time of year mainly because people around here are stupid and lose any common sense and manners they had previously possessed. Between that and me still being smoke free....I thought it was the safest thing to do! :rofl:

Gcv...um.....worms for the chickies. Look out in their pen and you'll find them. You might have to dig a bit but they are there! :bigsmile:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What? 'Cuz she sent me WORMS?! Hey, I'll gladly send some your way, Sharon. :D (Don't tell her, but I already got me a worm bin... so I'll send you some of those since the chickies ate the other ones).

babybear

Oh and for those of you with ipod owning girls....I found the neatest thing! Kmart had zip up hoodies that connect to ipods. There is a cord in one of the pockets that plugs into the ipod and the hoodie drawstrings have ear buds on the ends. The whole thing is washable and it was 15 bucks. It may not be the best thing to wear to school but I still thought it was cool.

difficult child saw these on our last shopping trip and really wanted one. That will be the last gift for me to pick up and I will be done too! Thank you for the reminder! It feels so good to be done shopping before the crowds really hit. I have a hard time with crowds.

Star*

call 911........call 911
NO NO UNKLEY BRIAN -

I SEZ A TOASTER NOTS A CROCK POT......

I eated my hoodie today -

WUB
POOTIE:tongue:

OMG I threw it away - and she dug it back out of the trash and drug it around until Grrrrrandpa finally said "put it back on her" so now she's wearing it without it zipping up. She really loves it. So now it's off to find one without a zipper. The neighbors actually stopped and pointed at her. :anxious: - YUP the cheese has officially slipped right off our holiday cheese ball. :tongue:

Oh and as far as your Christmas shopping completion thing....

I'm somewhere between Good for you and PFT.

KTMom91

Even after ten years in retail, I can't stay away from the stores on Black Friday! I've been teaching for thirteen years, and every year Miss KT and I get up and head for Target so we're there at 6 am, when they open. This year they open at 5. For us, it's more of a people watching experience, since the Christmas spirit is not always evident that early in the morning, and we've actually seen people come to blows in the electronics department!

We're making our lists, and checking them twice...guess which one of Santa's lists I'm on?

DammitJanet

I have about half of my shopping done but I am getting up early to hit black friday sales. I havent felt well enough in the last couple of years to do it but this year I think I am going to try. Walmart has a few things I really want to get for Cory, Keyana and Hailie. Yeah it starts at 5 which means being there at 4:30 but I used to so enjoy that battle...lol. When the boys were younger, Tony would go with me to stand in line and help me shop. It was such a fun time. He wont go anymore because he says its too much of a contact sport...lmao.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I went ONCE and wound up so honked off I left my cart in the middle of the store and walked out before I went off on people. Black Friday is INSANE. I decided I'd never do it again and with me being smoke free (21 days!), I figured the earlier I was done, the better for all involved.

Star....THAT'S part of the reason I said a hoodie WITHOUT a zipper! LOL If you find her a pullover one, make sure you remove the drawstrings.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I''m removing the zipper from this one and stitching the thing shut....that's just going to have to do. She likes this one. :surprise::confused::tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I rarely go shopping on Black Friday... I used to work at Target. My last day... When XH and I moved to OK... Was the Saturday after.

UGH UGH UGH.

Now I did go one year with E and his X - years ago - THAT WAS NOT FUN. Speaking of people coming to blows. There is just a dang good reason for some people to not be married.

Going to the BMV this year, need plates and a new driver's license...

muttmeister

My shopping is done too. I absolutely HATE to shop between Thanksgiving and Christmas and hades will freeze over before I go shopping on Black Friday,

I remember in the old days, I loved to shop between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The stores were beautifully decorated, they had animated scenes in the windows, Christmas music was playing, when you stopped to eat at a department store tea room they had carolers walking around singing, and everybody was smiling and courteous and in a good mood. Now they stomp on your feet and grab things out of your hands and curse you out if you are in their way. They want to get your money for junk and get you out of the way. I just don't do it anymore.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband dragged me off to Black Friday at Costco many years ago. I literally had a panic attack trying to maneuver around with all the shoppers, the carts, etc.

There were two good things to come of that. Costco put on a sort of food spread of pastries and appetizers for the shoppers, and once husband had to use a scooter to get around, he couldn't maneuver around in those types of crowds.

I consider myself lucky that my family doesn't do that sort of shopping...not only is it a culture thing, but I only have my sister, my mother, my brother in law and their two adult teens to buy for.

We do a lot of gift cards and the like. Before that, we got to the point where it felt like we were sending the same fifty dollars back and forth.

susiestar

Roll With It
I need to find those hoodies. A couple years ago thank you had a winter jacket that had a radio and earphones in it. He LOVED it. Now he has an mp3 player and listens to audiobooks on the bus. So that would be awesome for him.

Thanks!