I made it!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Through thick and thin, cancelled flights, sleeping on an airport floor (that's a great visual and a bit humbling) and getting stepped over, trying to find my car in the airport parking lot that husband parked 'somewhere,'driving in CRAZY traffic getting lost, then found...I'm finally in WI.:bravo:

I look like a train hit me. I want to go out and get a big fat drink but am afraid I won't find my way back home!

So all you Cheddar Heads that are near Oshkosh...give me a shout. Maybe we could meet up.

Abbey

Andy

:welcomehome:

I thought of you the other morning. I caught a story on the national news about a business out of OshKosh. It had the news reporter trying out a jet pack to fly around. I think they said it cost one million dollars. I immediately thought of you. Figured that is your true reason to moving to Osh Kosh. You are spending your first million on a jet pack. Let us know the place and time of your first flight. We will come see you off and then introduce ourselves.

:try2fly:

:rofl:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I could do Oshkosh as a day trip, but as an ex-patriot Chicagoan, don't much like being called a cheddarhead.

Actually, with my Chicago accent I get called a "flatlander" occasionally. That's an epithet also applied to those who live in the less than hilly part of our wonderful state.

I hope you enjoy it here. Iv'e found the drivers to be lacking to some degree, and food might be more expensive than you are used to, but ingeneral, people are friendly and helpful

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think we passed each other on the way!!! I was just traveling through Vegas... I was thinking about you! I need all of the tips on how to live in the heat!!!
I hope you decompress soon...

Abbey

Spork Queen
I could do Oshkosh as a day trip, but as an ex-patriot Chicagoan, don't much like being called a cheddarhead.

Cheese head?

Yeah, the jet pack guy. Don't think I'll be doing that soon. I can't even jump a foot high without killing myself. They have a yearly air show that brings in THOUSANDS of people. After I passed about a mile of RV's all set up, I realized it wasn't a lot. I think they said more than 40,000 show up for it every year. That's a lot for a small town.

Bedtime!!

Abbey

:welcomehome:

I thought of you the other morning. I caught a story on the national news about a business out of OshKosh. It had the news reporter trying out a jet pack to fly around. I think they said it cost one million dollars. I immediately thought of you. Figured that is your true reason to moving to Osh Kosh. You are spending your first million on a jet pack. Let us know the place and time of your first flight. We will come see you off and then introduce ourselves.

:try2fly:

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
They have a yearly air show that brings in THOUSANDS of people.

Yep- my brother and ex-husband go together every year. I think they are coming home today, as a matter of fact.

So, have you moved there now? Quit your job and buried your sporks and the whole shebang?

Suz

house of cards

You can finally get back to a normal life, (that is a bit of a joke, I know most of us don't have a life that would be described as normal). Hope you can get better sleep then you have been getting with "the boys".

Last edited:

klmno

Wow, after all that you've been through, you should have gotten a trip around the world for this!! Glad you are safe and sound now and hopefully, can get a good night's sleep!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, Suz. husband is still in Vegas for a nother couple of weeks doing jobs, then driving the truck up here. I'm slowly realizing the things i didn't pack! Like...shoes. Duh.

Abbey

OpenWindow

Glad you made it, even if your shoes didn't! At least it's not snowing... yet.

Hope you get settled in soon and that Oshkosh is good to you. (Oshkosh is fun to say, isn't it? :laugh: )

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
Glad you made it safe and sound! I'm only a little over an hour south of Oshkosh. I try very hard every year to schedule my visits to Green Bay whenever the EAA isn't going on. Twice I've been stuck in what felt like non moving traffic because of the EAA convention!

DammitJanet

Hey...I can think of some perks to living in Oshkosh! Do you get access to cheap Oshkosh by gosh clothing? LOL. If so, you have two little board nieces ya know...lol. I cant even find those things here and ordering them is like buying body parts. Expensive!

And you can get good cheese. And you got Brett Favre back. All good things in my book.

Andy

Oh, Did anyone tell you about OshKosh's awesome thunderstorms? They are loud and flashy - very cool!

(o.k. time for me to go to my corner - I am sorry, couldn't resist)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, Andy. I'm locking your corner, with you in it;)

Oshkosh clothing has been closed for MANY years. They were bought out by some big company like Sears...don't remember which one. I loved their clothes. My oldest wore their cute little coveralls all the time.

I think the EEA thing ended today. My gosh...they fly LOW. All day long I heard these planes going through. Thought they were going to crash on my house.

Janet...if I never hear another word about Favre, I'll be happy. Just think about living with 5 guys whose entire lives revolve around sports. Nothing else. They hid the sporks so I couldn't spork myself or them to death.:surprise:

Now cheese...I can do in any way, shape or form. LOVE cheese!!

Abbey

Andy

:rofl: :rofl:

Can I have ear plugs? Sounds like OshKosh has been very noisy these last few days.

Oh, yeah, and a window? I get claustophobic big time.

And of course a laptop to get support from this board? I THINK I might still have friends out here? :)