I think I am paranoid...

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by ksm, Jul 21, 2017.

1. ksm

ksm Well-Known Member

Difficult Child is sick...but in the back of my mind, I wonder if she used meth, or is she really sick?

I took her to the walk in clinic and they had us buy the behind the counter Sudafed. She has a headache, sinus pressure and sore throat. She was supposed to work last night, but felt too bad. She got a note that keeps her off tonight. she will be lucky if she works her Saturday and Sunday 4 hour shifts this week.

I feel awful that I have had to question whether my daughter is sick...or side effects of using. Her last two tests were clean for clean for meth.

Ksm

2. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

KSM

I hope she is really just sick.

Do NOT feel guilty. It's natural that you'd "go there".

Keep your eyes wide open.

3. pigless in VA

pigless in VA Well-Known Member

Did they do a drug test on her at the clinic? It seems to me that if she wasn't clean she'd be very reluctant to go see a doctor.

4. ksm

ksm Well-Known Member

No, they only did a throat swab for strep...and initial report was negative.

I hate this, second guessing every incident...

Ksm

5. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

I don't think they'd randomly drug test anyone unless you ask for it and that could get awkward!

6. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

This is a natural byproduct of what you went through.

7. mof

mof Momdidntsignupforthis

We have learned to question everything, it is always lingering in the back of your mind.

8. seek

seek Member

I wonder why they would give a drug user Sudefed. Isn't that one of the ingredients of illegal drug concoctions?

I, personally, would treat with more holistic medicines, but that's just me.

I say pay attention to your gut and maybe initiate your own drug tests as part of your living plan?

9. ksm

ksm Well-Known Member

She had a drug test yesterday at rehab...but it will take over a week to get the results.

And I thought of the Sudafed connection...but right now, she is sleeping on the sofa. I remember taking Sudafed when sick and being wired for hours...

Ksm