IL Governor is a difficult child

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ - I was thinking I may have found thank you's future occupation.

Total lack of connection with reality? Check.
Sense of entitlement? Check.
Rules don't apply to him? Check.
It's "unfair"? Check.
Delusions of grandeur? Check.

I sat there and read the entire complaint last night, and was just dumbfounded. *Especially* in light of Blago's bravado on Monday about being taped. There's some pathology going on there.

I especially loved where he was scrambling to get campaign "donations" before 1/1/2009 because of the ethics laws going into place that he was so proud of.

It just defies comprehension.

donna723

Did you see the little clip on the news, filmed a few days ago, where he was saying that he had nothing to hide, that they were welcome to record his phone calls if they wanted to ... apparently he didn't realize that they already were! :surprise:

dreamer

when the news broke here early yesterday morning, I was not the least surpised. I have lived all my life in IL, most of it in Cook County.
Everything about everything in this state smacks of GFGness, seems to me.
Our school systems in many areas. Our court systems, our legal systems, our healthcare. All of it is just goofy and irrational. Illogical

How many of or death row inmates got pardos or convictions overturned? How about the police and brutality cases etc? and bribes and kicbacks?

Hmm, I just posted about why I do not post about my difficult child? MAYYEBE? maybe my difficult children antics no longer strike me becuz so much here in our state is SO difficult child-ISH already?

The trial for the molester of my easy child? Lets see, it took police only 9 YEARS to arrest the offender...(There are 6 victims, and the crime was repepated and ongoing all those years, and the school knew and so did police) the arrest was 3 yas ago... the case is still in pretrial stage- with court dates once a month)

Yup- thats IL> The state of difficult children

F

flutterbee

I saw this Tuesday. Sounds very narcissistic to me. At least there will now be a special election so that means, I *think*, that the people will get to choose.

I also saw where Canada's Prime Minister cancelled Parliament until January because they were going to oust him with a No Confidence vote. What is going on with this world?

Mayapple5

The Fed's wouldn't have arrested him if they didn't have an air tight case! And such language!!! He was likened to a mob boss the way he spoke.

They aught to have a govenor's wing at the Federal Prison. This is the fourth govenor to go since the '70's (and he's goin!). I am ashamed to be from this state. Let's see...where should I move to? Certainly not the state of Chicago! Is Tennessee safe?

Does anyone believe Jesse Jackson't story that his hands are clean? Come on, I mean he's mentioned in the conversation as Senate Seat Cannidate #5. He had to have known something. It was going to cost him a grand to get it, 1/2 up front, and they didn't even like each other a few months ago!

Lothlorien

I have to wonder how many other governors have done this and didn't get caught.

No, I'm not sure that I believe that Jackson Jr didn't know. If he didn't, though, I wonder if his daddy was doing something behind the scenes. Guess we'll find out.

A governor's wing at the Fed Pen....now there's an interesting concept. You'd have to add Senators and Congressman too. It'd have to be the "Government Wing."

difficult child made an interesting comment last night. He said that the people that we really need to have in public office would never be interested in the job.

It's an interesting thought. I think we need to look at the whole election process. It seems to often end with very poor results.

muttmeister

the people that we really need to have in public office would never be interested in the job.

Boy, isn't that the truth! I've said myself that I can't imagine why anybody would want those jobs. If you're really honest and do things right, the rest of them would probably put out a hit on you.
What a mess!

SRL

A governor's wing at the Fed Pen....now there's an interesting concept. You'd have to add Senators and Congressman too. It'd have to be the "Government Wing."
:abouttime:
I saw a sign up that said "Welcome to Pontiac Prison, Governor". That's the prison that he suddenly and without good reason decided to shut down last year so it would be a fitting place for him to land. It's in the process of shutting down now so the guards all stand to lose their jobs and I'm sure they'll roll out the welcome mat.

His governing has been so erratic and arrogant that we've known for 3 years that he is delusional with a God complex. Now we can make that Delusional, with a God Complex, and motivated by political favors.