I'm a grandmother again, but nobody told me...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

BusynMember

My son who disappeared three years ago has a son. He allowed my ex to meet the baby and visited with ex. Ex called me up all excited telling me that Scott is going to call me and everyone else and we're going to get together for Easter. Excited, I called Scott, but he didn't answer, as always. I did leave a message on his cell and congratulated him on having had this child and told him I hoped he'd call me and that we could work out our problems and all get to enjoy the baby.

Tick, tick, tick, tick. You get the message. No answer. I wish ex had not even told me about it. I called ex and told him that, although I know he wishes for us to all get along, it is hurtful to me to hear about Scott and I asked if he could please keep any contact he had with Scott to himself. He really wishes for the family to get back together again and it's not going to happen. Scott isn't going to call me or his sister, who he dumped, or his other brother (they were never close anyway). My daughter was so hurt by his dumping her, after the two of them being so close, that my daughter isn't sure she wants to renew their relationship and is also hurtful that Scott saw his father, but didn't call her.

And he won't. Whatever grudge he is nursing, and nobody is sure what it's about (and he is vague with ex), is not going to be resolved soon, maybe ever. Well, I tried. Again.

So I have a grandson and I don't even know what he looks like and I think that, for the sake of sanity, I just have to let this go unless he decides to contact me and my daughter.

I swear, there are times I guiltily wish that my only kids were my 25 year old daughter, my 16 year old Aspie son, and my thirteen year old daughter. All three of these kids are such a joy (well, oldest daughter is a joy since she stopped using drugs seven years ago :tongue:). This son we adopted at six from Hong Kong broke my heart. And my biological son has a lot of issues and seems to be empathy-challenged.

At any rate, just wanted to tell everyone I'm a grandma again...to a little boy I'll probably never see. :faint:

Lothlorien

I'm sorry he hurt you again. I hope he will come to his senses and realize how much he needs you and how he's hurt you and the rest of his family.

TerryJ2

I'm sorry. {{{hugs}}}
You've posted about Scott b4, right? I had the weirdest sense of deja vu when I read your note.
Maybe I'm actually acquiring a memory.

Still, I'm sorry.

M

ML

I am so sorry for your pain. I pray he comes to his senses soon. There can never be too much love in anyone's life and that's what you want to give. His demons weren't about you, yet you're the one who he takes it out on because you were there. They always blame the parent who sticks around. I don't know why that is.

SRL

I'm so sorry for your pain, MM. The people and things we care about are so often out of our control.