I'm a little nervous

mstang67chic

Going Green
And I don't know why. I've mentioned before that I am doing book reviews. Most of them have been ebooks but I have done some print and we get more print books in each week.

Today I got a print book in the mail from my "boss" that I am to review. (Hardback even! woo hoo!) It looks interesting but I'm really nervous about reviewing it. One of the co-authors? Adrienne Barbeau.

:surprise:

I know I shouldn't be nervous.....she's a person too just like any other author. I guess she is just the most well known of the authors that I've reviewed so far. But...the woman I review for always lets the publishers/authors know when we do a review and sometimes we reviewers get "fan mail" from them. I will have a vampyric cow if I get fan mail from Adrienne! LOL (The book is called Vampyes Of Hollywood) :vampire:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Read the book (which I get to keep! woo hoo!!!) and write a review. The way I do it is to tell about the plot and story line and then give my opinions. Fortunately so far I haven't had more than a few that I didn't like and only one that really vacuumed. The reviewers on this site don't get paid for our work but, as I said, we do get to keep the books. It's fun actually and who doesn't like free books? LOL

I finished this book and really liked it! :whew: Now I will get started on the review and turn it in.

Oh boy Mustang, how did you manage to get into doing book reviews?

I am such an avid reader that I've always thought that reviewing or proofreading books would be the perfect job.

(I remember watching Match Game when Adrienne Barbeau was on.)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Far as I know we are looking for more reviewers. We do paranormal/fantasy with a bit of sci-fi thrown in for kicks and giggles. If you are interested, pm me and I'll give you the details.