I'm a wreck right now.

Lothlorien

husband is getting over pneumonia. He's been coughing at night...spraying his nose, using an inhaler and stuff. It's been two weeks and he's on the mend. He just passed out on me after coughing. I'm freaking out that he could do this in the car while driving.

Jena

Hi,

Has he been to the dr.? Maybe they should run some blood work and get him an xray to see if he's healed totally from the pnuemonnia.

passed out, how? the coughing so painful? ive had pnuemonnia it is horrible and takes so long to get over.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth.....

Forget the doctor. If you can get husband to cooperate.......get him to the ER on the double. Doesn't sound like the pneumonia is clearing up. He may need IV antibiotics to knock it out.

How scary!!

(((hugs)))

everywoman

Several years ago I had bacterial pneumonia and ended up in the hospital, in isolation, for 7 days. It was awful. Please make him see a dr. again. He may need an iv antibiotic to get better. I had 3 different antibiotics going into me the whole time I was in and had two more weeks worth when I got out.

Lothlorien

Swears he's okay. I made him promise to use his inhaler one 1/2 hour before getting into a vehicle. Tomorrow, he is to rest. Monday he will call doctor.

husband passed out and seizured on me about 5 months after we married. Freaked me out and I'm having PSTD from that. He insisted he was fine then, too, but I made him go to the ER. He is fine, now, but I am totally wigging out about him getting in the car. If he uses the inhaler at least 1/2 hour before getting into the car, he should be okay......he didn't use the inhaler tonight.

He will not drive my kids anywhere until this pneumonia is over.

doctor on Monday....I will insist on another set of chest x-rays.

Jeez Louise! Today's our anneversary....ugh!

Jena

oh i'm sorry on your anniversary........ Happy anniversary?? ah the joys of marriage and reality lol :)

sounds like you have it under control! With all the junk going around calling doctor monday is a good idea.

hope he gets to sleep through the night and you too

Lothlorien

Okay.....it's 11 years. The first 10 have been wonderful. No gifts this year...economy. Okay, I'm fine with that. Don't need anything. We planned on a family vacation in the fall and I can't wait for that.

I made resevations for my absoloutely favorite restaraunt for tonight. It's a REALLY GOOD Italian place. They serve Manilla clams in-season, which is a sign of a good Italian place......yum Y'know? Anhywhooooo...... 8:30 am gotta call from husband's aunt and her friend. Can't babysit. Aunt is sick. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My stepmom can't sit. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh well, I'll get over it. We'll do next week.

Now, husband passes out. Omen for the next decade or what? No, our marriage is good and strong. It's what gets me through the gfgness, ya know? I love him, to death! He's my split-apart.

He's sleeping after a shot of Robitussin with-codeine. Stepmom is watchin kids next Sat. so we can do the same restaraunt.

Thanks for the support. Will get him to call doctor on Monday and get a script for chest x-rays.

Having a glass of Chardonnay too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy anniversay!! (I thought only mine went like that ;) )

Hope husband is well enough to enjoy and evening out next week. I don't think it's an omen. I think it's someone telling husband he needs to be home in bed til he's well.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Sheesh you scared me! I misread the title of the post as "Im in a wreck right now!" I thought you were posting from a cell phone or laptop or something...lol.

Im sorry husband is having all these problems. Pneumonia is really bad. He needs to get that shot next year. It seems like everyone is getting all these flu bugs and they end up with pneumonia. Im being told to get those shots every year from now on. No more scary things for me...lol. But those shots I had after the meningitis seem to have kept me from coming down with any of the colds, flu's or pneumonia stuff going around and I used to get all those icky sicky stuff cause Keyana dragged them here from daycare.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh gosh that's not good, I am surprised he is not hospitalized if he's passing out is he asthmatic? Praying he'll be better soon

Lothlorien

Thanks Janet. Yes...absolutely...he's getting every painful injection and then some, next year!!! ~LOL!~ You can be sure that I will see to that!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Coming from someone who had it 3 times in one year...you do NOT want to mess around with it. Finally, on the 3rd time I listened to the best advice from the doctor - REST. I put absolutely everything on the back burner...missed a lot of work, didn't do a lick of housework or cooking. I basically slept for two weeks. I had NO appetite, so H bought me a case of Ensure that I kept by my bedside. (Great weight loss plan. 71lbs...boom, gone)

Sorry about the anniversary plans. You can always celebrate another day.

So...no car, no work, no getting out of bed. Close the bedroom door, pull the shades and turn off the light. You might have to kick the kids out for a bit.:tongue: Daddy needs to rest.

Hugs, dear.

Abbey

M

ML

Adding my good thoughts (Happy A) and wishes for recovery in the Loth household. It's time for healing and good health. Love, ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Some of my husband's seizures have been brought on by coughing or blowing his nose. It has to do with the cavernous hemangioma he had/has (one was removed and then they found another tiny one) leaking blood due to the increased pressure in the blood vessels caused by the coughing and/or nose blowing. Not trying to alarm you, but he definitely needs to let his doctor know about this.

Happy belated Anniversary! I hope when everyone's healthy you can sneak away for a proper celebration together. :D

TerryJ2

Oh, I'm so sorry Loth, both that your husband isn't getting over his pneumonia very fast, and that he passed out. AND that it's you anniversary.
Can you call the dr's ofc and put a bug in their ear about an Xray?

by the way, I misread your profile at the bottom, and I got all excited when I read that your family is chocful of disorders. I thought it said chocolate disorders. :(