I'm Better, I Think!

susiestar

Roll With It
I finally saw my doctor yesterday and got medication refills that were ordered. Thankfully. It was a totally miserable trip to the doctor and back. I have a MUCH greater understanding of why those hooked on drugs don't quit using. Withdrawal is incredibly painful and it feels like it will never end.

I still have a grudge iwth the lady who supposedly sent my medications. I have no proof, but I know how ugly she was on the phone and I do NOT think she ever sent the rx that didn't arrive. I would bet she either shredded it or took it or something. Cause none of the ohter mail we expected didn't arrive, including a bill from the doctor's office mailed the same day/time.

I hope to NEVER experience that again. Two trips to the ER really messed up our schedules, esp husband who is rarely up in the night.

I saw the reg doctor on Fri, and have to go have bloodwork done and have thank you seen for his asthma. Then maybe we can be off the dr rollercoaster.

Sorry for all the posts I didn't answer. I thought about you all, but I would start to do something, anything, and all of a sudden had no energy.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am glad you are feeling better!!!

Don't worry about the posts you didn't answer, hon. We understand - probably better than the "general population" would!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you're feeling better!!

Have to say that withdrawal from effexor was enough to make me vow to never take that type of medication again unless I was suicidal or something. omg

As for the post........ehh, we understand, no biggie.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
I have had effexor withdrawal too and it was maybe 2/3 of this. really really nasty.

FYI if you know anyone who has to stop taking effexor for any reason, have them take 1 prozac (20mg) every 2 or 3 days for a week or two, then 1 ever 4-5 days for a week or two, and so on until they are better (often about 6 weeks total. One of hte huge problems with effexor is that it clears your body so fast that you can get withdrawal even thirty min past a missed dose. Prozac stays in your system for at least a week, is dirt cheap, and will smooth out most of the effexor with-d. My doctor scoffed at me until her son had to stop taking it. I happened to have an appointment and she asked if I was the one she talked it over with before. Not a lot of docs will believe this because many don't believe you can get withdrawal from SSRI/SNRI medications.

H

HaoZi

Glad you're doing better! A lot of the docs here just send Rx's to your pharmacy electronically, is that an option for you?