I'm off to read Dr. Seuss!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My store is sponsoring the national reading day and I volunteered to read. I even have the full costume!

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmm... Spork in the Hat?

One Spork, Two Spork, Red Spork, Blue Spork?

I can just hear you now... "I will not eat them with a spork, I will not eat them with a fork. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam-I-am."

Have fun!

DazedandConfused

Make sure you practice before you read to the students; you learn when to pause, when to speed up, when to raise your voice, and when to soften it or whisper. It makes the experience so much more exciting for the kids. Even if you know they have heard the story a million times before.

We're having a big celebration of Read Across America at my work (a school and I'm the librarian) today. The mayor, firemen and policemen, and media is coming. Everyone is meeting in the quad to recite the Reader's Oath and to sing songs that celebrate reading that were writting by one of the teacher's spouses who happens to be a professional musician (the students who have been practicing tell me my name is mentioned, but it's suppose to be a secret..LOL). A very exciting and busy day today.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hmmm... Spork in the Hat?

One Spork, Two Spork, Red Spork, Blue Spork?

I can just hear you now... "I will not eat them with a spork, I will not eat them with a fork. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam-I-am."

Have fun!

haha...I'm grabbing them as I go. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Shari, you just never know. ;)

'Chelle

Big A little a what begins with A? Aunt Annie's alligator...A.A.A Both my kids loved that book, I can still recite the entire Dr Seuss Alphabet book off by heart LMAO
Have fun.

trinityroyal

Big A little a what begins with A? Aunt Annie's alligator...A.A.A Both my kids loved that book, I can still recite the entire Dr Seuss Alphabet book off by heart LMAO
Have fun.

Big B Little b, what begins with B? Barber, Baby, Bubbles, and a Bumblebee.

(Me too, 'Chelle)

Have fun Abbey

KTMom91

My favorites are Go, Dog, Go (Do you like my hat? I do not like it. Goodbye. Goodbye.) and Fox in Socks (When tweedle beetles battle in a puddle in a bottle, and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles, then you have a tweedle beetle puddle battle...).

Abbey

Spork Queen
It was a blast. About 50 3 year olds. haha... Some were terrified of the costume but as soon as I got down on the floor with them they warmed right up. I have great photos as I took my hat off to quiet those who were scared and put it on them. Then the photo shoot happened. They ALL wanted their picture taken. Can't post them for privacy reasons but they were dolls.

I had 4 other team mates there that were handing out books, taking pics, goodie bags, etc. I said, "You guys don't know anything. We're a giant to them. You've got to get on the floor!! I'll read VERY slowly and you just need to be on the floor pointing out the fox, mouse, house, whatever." So I'm laying there on the floor in a cat suit. One of my mates who is surrounded by kids laying on the floor says, "I don't know if I can get back up. Do I get workman's comp?" :tongue:

I asked the teachers to do it a second time as the kids seemed to be having fun. The kids loved it.

Afterwards my manager said, you better not leave Target. It was a fun afternoon.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awwww Abbey sounds like you had a blast! I love that age. And I wish they'd do something like that at Aubrey's pre-school. She adores Dr Suess and would have went bonkers. As for me.........I've only liked 2 things The Grinch Stole Christmas (that one just grew on me after a while) and Horton Hears a Who. So Nana does not read Aubrey those books. Nana will read her any other book she wants though. lol

In grade school we had a fabulous volunteer who came in each week to read to us. She had her timing and pitches down to an art form, I swear. So when I'd read to my kids........I just sort of naturally did it that way...except I added in sound effects and did voices for the characters. lol Used to have lots of fun. So now I get to do it for the grands too. :)