In 24 hours we should know if husband has a new job or not...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Or at least we'll know if his interview went well! He meets with 7 people from the company, the last of which is HR. We're wondering if he's going to be offered the job that day or if he has to wait for a letter either confirming or rejecting him as the candidate.

His potential boss said there's for sure one person who'd report to him who's going to have a problem with him getting this job since they wanted it as well. husband isn't too worried about that. He has a way of winning people over eventually... something about chocolate? :rofl:

He's decided to tell them he'd like to start in January (provided that's an option), since we're going to get killed in taxes as it is because of his severance package, and he'd like to spend the holidays at home with the family if he can. Works for me!

Fingers crossed... :angel3:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Waiting with baited breath.... (or wait, did I just forget to use mouthwash....oh well, still waiting!)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WELL???????????????????????????????????

(I'm sitting here with the bottle of champagne...ready!)

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
If Suz is bringing champagne, then I shall bring fluted champagne glasses, and noisemakers. :tongue:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He just left for the interview. Should get there in about 90 minutes. They've blocked out 3.5 hours for all the meetings, and then he'll be on his way home. So I've got about 5 more hours to wait! I'll keep you posted. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
UPDATE:

The interviews with 5 of the 7 people went well. Unfortunately, the VP of HR was out sick today and the guy who husband would be working for (and who arranged for all this) was unable to meet with husband because the other interviews ran over and he had to be in a meeting. So husband was left with pretty much an "We'll call you.." and not knowing much else. So no champagne yet!

Hopefully he'll get a chance to talk to his friend there and get a better read on the situation. And in the mean time, we'll keep our fingers crossed it goes through and eyes open for other opportuities...

Now he's grabbing a bite to each since the meetings started at noon and he didn't have lunch... and now he's looking at about a 2 hour drive home :( He sounded upbeat, though. So I'm glad about that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(hands over the Sugar free York Peppermint Patties) ---here THESE are really really good and good for you too.

Jo - ANY WORD ON THE SUGAR FREE WINE?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, phooey. I had a 16 hour day today and came home to no decision....and TM had the audacity to drink the champagne I brought to the party.

#+$%*@& :919Mad:

oh LOOK.....neener neener, TM..... :wine:

Ever optimistic, Suz