Insurance question for over 25

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by ck1, Jul 15, 2007.

  1. ck1

    ck1 New Member

    Hello: I found this site to get help with my own difficult child, but my question is regarding my 28 year old brother-in-law who has just been diagnosed with bipolar and I believe he was diagnosed and treated for ADD when he was younger. Anyway, they live in Indiana and he has no health insurance. I was wondering if anyone knows if maybe he would be eligible for some state insurance because of his new diagnosis?

    Any help you could provide would be much appreciated! I know there are lots of awesome parents on this site with tons of knowledge and experience with this type of thing so...thank you in advance!
  2. KFld

    KFld New Member

    I know there are certain guidelines for qualifying for state insurance. You may want to contact your local DSS and ask them. My 20 year old son has been on state insurance for awhile, which was set up for him while he was in a state rehab. He qualified because he wasn't living home and was under poverty level, actually not even working at the time.
  3. Suz

    Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

    Cathy, contact your local MHMR (Mental Health/Mental Retardation) office. They should be able to give you some guidance.