It's been a while.......

branbran

I haven't posted or even been on this site in quite some time. I have been a coward and trying like hell to avoid any situation that will force me to think about the horror my daughter has gone through. Some of you might remember, my difficult child was raped about a year ago and when I found out about it a few months back, I basically fell apart. To those of you who supported me with your kind words, I am sorry I just disappeared, I just couldn't deal. I felt so horrible, so hopeless, like I would never be able to smile again. Well, I was wrong. Since I have last posted (few months ago) alot has happened. My daughter is doing so much better now, as am I. Of course because my mood depends on hers, if she is okay then I can be okay. Trying to change that by the way. Anyway, she is really making progress, she's working really hard on controlling her rage and learning how to implement her coping skills. She has come a long way, she still has a long way to go, but she is finally really trying and it shows!!! She is talking about college and wanting to better her life. She is healthy and looks fantastic. The best news is that she will be coming home for an overnight visit this weekend!!!!! YAY :smile: It has been about a year since she has been home. We can't wait. So, we are getting through this and I am finally able to see the sun again. After I found out about the rape I was so devestated that I thought I would just die from the pain, I thought I would never feel good again. It has been rough but getting much better.

Thank you to all who have supported me in the past and who I have learned so much from. I think of you often and would like to be part of this wonderful on-line community once again.

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. :smile:

envisablepuppet

Hello Bran and welcome back. I'm so glad things are better for you now :laugh:

Don't worry to much about the disappearing act. A lot of us here have done it ourselves. I can include myself in that. Sometimes ya just can't talk about it when it becomes to much.

I am glad to see you back and we will always be here to at least listen sometimes that's all that's needed.

Glad to hear your daughter is healing from her trauma as well. Good luck to both of you.

Lea

tinamarie1

Bran, it is great that you are back. Yes, I too disappear from time to time. I hope that your daughter is in counseling. I was sexually abused by my brother when I was growing up. My family tried to ignore it and had an attitude like "he said he was sorry, now whats wrong with you?!"
It has effected every aspect of my life, from friendships to relationships, my marriage, and most definitely the way I view sex and intimacy. I still struggle with this daily, and husband does not always understand. If I stay in counseling, things are usually ok.
((hugs))
Tina

TerryJ2

Hi Bran, welcome back.
I am beyond sorry for what your daughter has gone through. But I am glad she's learning coping and anger mgmt skills. You have all been through a lot.
It's nice to see you here.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Nice to see you make your way back *home*!!! So glad things are going much better than when you took your hiatus...

Hugs to you and your daughter.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bran it's good to see you here again. Welcome Back! :smile:

I'm so glad your daughter and you are doing much better. That light at the end of the tunnel can be a glorious thing. :smile:

Hugs