It's that time of year again...

This year ,and every year for the past 6 years, we walk(this year I'm running-don't ask me why, I haven't been running in years) in a breast cancer race for the cure thing. Luckily where I live they are always on Mothers Day. or the day before. (This is the only reason they would all walk with me). I'm reminded that I am still here after all that nightmare, I'm still able to be a mom, and celebrate. I celebrate! I don't need any gifts, but kind words are something I would enjoy. Kind words are very few and far between with these easy child teenagers of mine. I hope they outgrow this soon!!!!-Alyssa

tiredmommy

Alyssa,
I'm really impressed by your spirit and determination to be a mother on your terms. The good news is that your easy child's will come back around one day soon because they are being typical teen's. That's the nature of easy child's. I hope the run goes well.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I would love a peaceful no meltdown, no violence, no namecalling day from my difficult child (and for easy child to not be typical teen that day :grin: ). We are going to be in Michigan Mother's Day weekend so will get to spend part of the day (before we leave for home) with my wonderful mother in law-she's a gem (not telling my mom we're going because I know she would be beyond jealous). When we get home that night I'm hoping to have some nice read aloud time with difficult child-we've been enjoying that together lately. And-TM-I agree with you-the best gift would be knowing both my kiddos would be o.k. in the future.

tiredmommy

Sharon,
I'm glad you & difficult child have found an activity you can enjoy together. It helps you through the difficult times when you have shared positive experiences. Enjoy your trip to Michigan. Funny... I thought you only went there during college football season! :rofl:

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-It sure does seem that way doesn't it? :rofl:We thought it might be nice to actually visit once with out just "dumping" the kids and running to a game. :rofl: