I've shrunk....darn it!

DDD

I'm really not egotistical. Honestly, I really don't pay much attention to details.......and thought I was "aging gracefully". NOT!

I had a mamo and bone density today. The woman told me "you're 5'4 1/2". :surprise: I said "is there any doubt about that?", with a pleasant smile.
The tech said "NO doubt. Don't feel badly. Everyone shrinks as they age."

:redface: I kinda like my grey streaks. I've learned to live with extra pounds. My face and my bust are hanging in there pretty well. I've been accepting changes BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SHRINK!!! :( DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I want to shrink, but only in specific places! :rofl:

My sister in law#1 has definitely shrunk over the past two years since she started menopause. It's very noticeable on her because she's so vertically challenged in the first place!

Sorry DDD. At least the rest of you is aging gracefully!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I could probably shrink a few inches and not be noticibly. I'm rather tall. It's the slopping over of the shoulders that would bother me.

Sorry about the shrinkage.

Abbey

eekysign

I wouldn't worry too much. I was told at my endocrinologist's (I went once, it was a nightmare, never went back to that lady!!) that I was barely 5'3.

Err...I've been on the tall side of 5'4 (50% of the time I read out as 5'5) since I was 12. When I went to the new endo, I made them double-check....sure enough, 5'5.

We all shrink, but you might just have gotten a bad medication tech that day. ;)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I used to be 5'6 - not anymore ..sigh..

And the worst part is that I put that shrinkage to good use by expanding sidewise..

I never realized the shrinkage thing till I was talking to Danny one day and realized he was taller than I was..

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was always just under 5'6". Now, I'm 5' 4 1/2" What!!!!!!!! How did that happen?

Shrimp.:tongue:

I'm still wacking out a good 5'10" still, but the bones and muscles don't work so good anymore. I won't even go into the brain area. I'd confuse you as well as myself. What was I saying?

Abbey

flutterby

Fly away!
I've been measured at 5'3 all the way to 5'7. Don't ask how they got that number. So, I split the difference and go with 5'5.

When I get the same measurement more than once, I'll go with that number.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
"you're 5'4 1/2".

Gee, I'd be pleased if they told me that. I'm under 5 feet. :)

Although lately these medication techs are trying to convince me I've grown. Uh, no. I've been 4' 11" all my life. I doubt seriously I started growing during menopause. My girls are only 4' 10"......and have people trying to say they're over 5 feet. Please, they're a whole inch shorter than me. lol

If it makes you feel better, I don't take their word for the b/p either. I watch the gauge myself. I can't count how many times the tech has read it wrong. ugh

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
WEll I found out what the morbid obesity rate hgt./weight was on line and each 40 lbs I have gained I grew 1 inch taller so that my insurance wouldn't be ridiculous. Even - EVEN at 5'8" and 150 lbs - by the Blue Cross Blue Shield measure you are obese.....OMG......

Now I think I'm like 5'10" and 200 lbs - puts me in a cheaper category. lol

So shrink if you must violet - I'm getting taller by the pound.

:surprise:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Shoot. I haven't checked that chart in awhile. I'm 5'10" and 129lbs. I think it should be around 150-160. Does that get me a discount? (I won't mention the smoking.)

Seriously, I get a megadose of Vitamin D every day through what I eat. Gallon of milk every day, snacks of cheese, etc. That keeps your bones strong. In addition, I do a lot of heavy lifting through my business so my shoulders are firm...hurt often, but firm so my posture is good. (Don't look down below to my thighs. Knees and feet are not so good. I want new feet.)

We could do a swap. Who's got good feet? I could trade stature for good feet.

Abbey

trinityroyal

I've got good knees, but feet aren't so good, although they're MUCH better since the dual foot surgery a few years ago.

I'd be willing to swap out the knees for a few extra inches in height. Maybe then I could ratchet down the heels a bit (from the current 5-inch platforms), and get better feet in the process?

Whaddaya say, Abbey?

Trinity

KTMom91

I'm 5'4" if I stretch...and way over the weight limit...I can't afford to shrink! Now, if aging could make me drop about 100 pounds, I'd be all right!

trinityroyal

In my current shoes, I'm 5'7". When I slip them off, I top out at 5'2", but that's because I tease my hair on top.

On a related note, I had a medical appointment yesterday where they had to measure my waist. With the twins bustin' out all over, I am almost as big around the middle as I am high. Scary!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've got good knees, but feet aren't so good, although they're MUCH better since the dual foot surgery a few years ago.

I'd be willing to swap out the knees for a few extra inches in height. Maybe then I could ratchet down the heels a bit (from the current 5-inch platforms), and get better feet in the process?

Whaddaya say, Abbey?

Trinity

Who has good feet? I could see a deal happening here.