Kate comes home tonight for wkend Ratlle thoose beads!!

KATES_MOM

I hope this wkend goes better than the last. I did let her sit there last wkend due to her behav. the wkend befor.
All wk our phone convos have been really good and she is upbeat. She said she just feels really good lately.
HUMMMMM could Lamictal be showing its pretty head??
I hope so, and if it is I pray it last longer than it did last time on it. psychiatrist says she was only up to 200 mg. befor last psychiatrist stoped it. I guess she thinks she can take it higher than that. Anyone know how high a teen can go on that? Thanks Kathy :smile:

DammitJanet

The adult dose range of lamictal is 200 to 500 mgs. If Kate is of average adult body weight then she could take that. Otherwise in kids it is 2-10 mg/kg/day depending on body weight.

They have now raised me to 400. The thinking goes that more is actually better. Dont know yet. I was on 200 for a long time and recently went to 300 and now they have jumped me to 400.

witzend

Hope you have a nice quiet weekend with her. Hopefully between the medications and lessons learned, she will have some of the fight knocked out of her!