Kid exchange

meowbunny

Up for grabs: A relatively good 21 YO female variety who is a slug and takes everything for granted. Pluses: Will help when asked; you just have to be willing to ask several times. Very caring when it comes to animals. Does have a job and tries hard to do well there. Minuses: Overstays on visits. Sloppy beyond belief. Really doesn't see a mess but can miraculously step over it. Extremely disrespectful when on the defensive.

And you have to offer?

house of cards

I'll offer a 16 yo male, good natured 99% of the time, lazy, messy, disorganized (often oversleeps and needs to be taken to school), unable to play a friendly sports game without causing an injury to a younger child, unable to be in a room with my younger children without upping the energy level immensely, Think untrained Saint Bernard, very friendly.

or L, my sweet daughter that will argue about any request you make of her, DRAWS ON HER FURNITURE WITH MARKERS (can you tell I'm still mad about that), she wanted to make her room prettier,needs alot of help with school, will su3k you dry with her needs for attention,

or Major, who is a neat kid til he is stealing or trying to damage your house, limited ambition for education, easily frustrated, doesn't cry...just rages, did I mention lying?

I'll hang onto the rest. I will consider 2 for 1 offers...2 of mine, LOL

meowbunny

Kathie, I think I could probably take all 3 of 'em. Went through all of that with mine already. Okay, not the bad sport -- mine would just leave in tears but not hurt someone. You keep the 16 YO. I'll return the younger ones when they hit teens. Just think you'll get one with everything mixed in (but the stealing has mostly stopped).

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've got an 18 year old who sleeps most of the day (in various places in the house), rarely washes his clothes but can be bleach happy when he does, considers anything and everything in the house fair game no matter what it is or who it belongs to. He is very creative and will make things from anything including curling iron cords, framed prints you saved months to buy, home decor and trash. He's very generous at times as he will give or "trade" with his friends various big ticket items such as Gameboys or PS systems. He's not too willing to help around here but is usually better when at other people's house. Of course he expects to be paid but you can get SOME work out of him first.

Depending on the trade, I'd be willing to do 2 for one also....2 of yours for one of mine.

meowbunny

Sorry horsey, but I think you're on your own. I don't handle the what's yours is mine thing too well. And he'd be very upset when I made him get up and go sleep in his own bed. I know my daughter is when I do that. Don't think I could cope with a male voice whining about having to get up.

everywoman

One twenty year old pothead. He has managed to hold a job now for 6 months. He is funny and charming. He is great with younger kids. He really needs to be an only child because he likes all the attention. He is helpful around the house---will wash dishes, clothes, but never ever walk into his room---I think he is growing a new form of bacteria in there.

slsh

member since 1999
I'll take your 21 yo for a 17 yo who supposedly recently got a haircut so possibly looks very presentable right now (ignore the double piercing in left ear and the "trip pants"). Is never where he's supposed to be so interaction is minimal. He can charm the stripes off a zebra when he wants to. Does smoke cigs/pot and allegedly has now tried coke, but "didn't like it" so that's not a problem (he comes with lovely beachfront property in IL too, and a bridge to boot). Very loving and affectionate on his terms. Helpful when present. Empathetic to homeless, people with disabilities, and animals. Very handsome.

I'll even throw in Goth Girlfriend and her difficult child mom as a bonus!

Sold????? :rofl:

meowbunny

You had me until the Goth girlfriend and her mom. Course, Florida and heavy, black clothes really don't mix too well, so she might change her mind about what to wear but no way to the mom, too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
One 11 year old difficult child. He has a great sense of humor, very cute (although he needs a haircut right now), empathetic and caring unless he is the one causing the pain. Majorly explosive. Anytime something doesn't go right or he doesn't want you to speak with him be prepared for a major bout of swearing. Wants CONSTANT attention. Violent episodes very minimal these days.

meowbunny

I could handle the swearing. Think he could handle me swearing back and 10X worse? I've had few more years to learn the words. I'm used to constant attention demands. Have learned how to ignore those. How is he at doing chores and getting up before noon and going to bed at reasonable hours?

F

flutterbee

Almost 14 yo daughter. Bright and beautiful. Only mildly demanding, depending on your definition of mild. Stays up all night and wants to sleep all day. Doesn't take on responsibility, but is very helpful at telling you how you're doing it wrong. Very egocentric and a slob. Master of stomping and slamming. Always right. Does not come with volume control. Goth accessories included. No warranty, refunds or exchanges. Sold as is.

meowbunny

Sorry, Heather. I do not want my daughter's clone. And BBK, so glad you want to keep Tink. She's a mini-mine.

But, Heather, I would be happy to take Wynter off your hands for a short period of time if you ever feel the need. She'll be so happy to have you as a mom when I'm done. You put up with a lot more than I do. Her first stomp would have shoes removed. Her second stomp would have her in ballet class learning how to walk on her toes.

Sagegrad

One 8 yo female - cute, charming, huge vocabulary. Will love you one minute and hate you the next. Oh, and she bites. (only when raging).

meowbunny

Sorry, sage. There isn't enough money to get me to deal with a Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) kid again. been there done that and there are better hells.

So far, I'm leaning towards Kathie's younger ones or everywoman's pothead.

everywoman

MB---I'll sweeten the deal. He comes with his own car. That's right, he can drive you around. Of course, he is not the best driver in the world. He can not handle the stresses of life, so when he has to do something like, say, pay a bill, he gets all worked up. Of course, he always apologizes for his behavior.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'm not ready yet. Your kids scare me!!! They remind me of my Brother and me.

I'll keep K and N for now... at least I can still pin the both of em'!!!

Even though she is screaming in the other room right now about being scared of falling off of the tight rope on the new wii game... oh and hitting herself. Now the door is being slammed, and she is going to die!
hhhmmm, Maybe someone can take K...?
Oh now it's, "I thought I was important to you guy's, and you lied!"

The drama...
How about a trade for a puppy! Adrianne?

Last edited:

meowbunny

EW -- Yours is sounding better and better. Mind you, you are getting the ultimate slob in return. Sleeping until 2 pm is the norm. Don't criticize her. She'll go into a very offensive defense. If things don't go her way, you will be at fault 100% regardless of the facts.

Of course, there's what's mine is yours attitude and don't bother asking if she took it, just ask her to give it back. She doesn't drink too much and if she does it with friends, you won't know about it because she won't be home. I think she will occasionally use grass but it is on the rare side. Do be prepared to have a high and mighty, self-righteous, sanctimonious know-it-all when it comes to religion. by the way -- she is very capable of cussing with the best of them but usually saves that for when she's seriously mad. Doesn't work much with me. When she was about 17, I decided to show her how dumb she sounded and proceeded to curse non-stop for 30 minutes. She was impressed that I knew so many words. roflao

Oh, she's a pretty good driver barring that she really does think that a stop sign means slow down and go if nothing else is on the road -- kinda like a yellow light. EW, if things go right, he'll actually be a good driver when I'm ready to hand him back to you. I do take keys away and make you walk when I think you're driving like an idiot and I don't care if you're 16 or 60.

Okay, anyone else want to convince to take their child in place of mine?