landline phone card suggestions?

ctmom05

I'm looking for suggestions on a calling card for landline phone calls; one that doesn't charge any of those extra fees(monthly/connection etc) .. .. .. just simple per minute charges.

Any recommendations?

witzend

Are you looking for something for long distance on your home phone? We had kids who stayed with us from overseas, and they always just headed down to the local drug store and bought whatever got them the most minutes. You might actually be better off just buying a throw away cell phone with minutes on it. You can buy minutes really cheaply at T-Mobile. It depends upon how often and how many minutes you would want to use it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Check out the international food stores. Here they are the best source for phone cards. I think WalMart also has reasonable deals. But the cell phone idea is one to consider.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I use Magic Jack. Very cheap. The only downside is if your computer goes down. You buy an adapter for about $30 then about $10 a year for service. It's not perfect, but cheap is good.

Abbey

ctmom05

We had unlimited long distance on our home phone until last week; we did some necessary downsizing with our phone plan.

A pay as you go cell wouldn't be practical, the charges per minute don't make sense. Along with some self-control, I think we can get by with a phone card; providing I find one that has no hidden fees - like connection charges or monthly subscription type of $

My son told me about a card from a place called Onesuite.com - you initiate calls by dialing into a local access number or their 1-800 number. That's looking like a possibility .. .. .. 2.9 cents a minute I am going to choose something soon, because there are a few necessary long distance calls that come up now and then.

Thanks for the ideas all:)