Makin' bacon choco chip cookies!

KTMom91

My 13 year old nephew, aka Bacon Boy, asked me to make cookies for Christmas last year. I asked what kind; he said bacon. I found a recipe last year, but wanted to expand his horizons a bit, so...this year he will have bacon choco chip cookies.

There will be another dessert option for those of us not in love with bacon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Seriously?? How do they taste? I am so in love with bacon.......but not so sure I'd like it in something sweet.

KTMom91

Don't know yet if these are any good, but I don't think Bacon Boy will care. He's been talking about last year's cookies the entire year - the idea that someone would put bacon in a cookie really cracked him up.

Do a search for "bacon cookie recipes" and you should get some good ones. There's a recipe for a breakfast cookie that has bacon, corn flakes, and raisins in it that didn't sound too bad.

T

TeDo

I am sorry but that sounds absolutely DISGUSTING. To each there own but....seriously?!?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
AWESOME!!!!

We tried chocolate-covered bacon at the county fair and it was really quite tasty! Salty, sweet, crunchy, yum!

There's a restaurant in Los Angeles that makes a maple glazed bacon donut -- reallllly good!

svengandhi

My H and his scouts make "Bacon Bread." They make homemade dough for pizza and bread. They used to eat so much bacon with it (we buy 40 lbs at a time, cook it all up and freeze it) that I told them to just add the bacon to the bread. They did and it was a huge hit. It's simple. Crumble cooked bacon and mix it in with the dough before baking. Nobody can believe that a Jewish girl is responsible for the wonder they call "Bacon Bread!"

I do have to admit that bacon choco chop cookies sound nasty but that could be because I'm not a big chocolate fan.

Kathy813

Staff member
Sorry, I am with TeDo on this one. I like bacon and I like cookies but don't think I would like them mixed together.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I may do a search for the one with the cornflakes............sounds more like a breakfasty type deal and I might be able to handle that one. lol

DDD

I can't wrap my head around that one but I think it is awesome that you're showing love by trying it.
DDD