Masturbation, anxiety and more...

PersonalEnigma

I also would be concerned about early puberty - it can be a real problem and there are medications to stop it. She should not have smelly underarms at this point.

4sumrzn

I feel the need to respond to this because I have a totally different response that may or may not help you. First of all....I babysit for a girl age 7 now. She started displaying those actions last year. I would notice her with hands in pants while watching tv, standing or sitting & quietly ask her if she needed to go to the bathroom. She would stop & be more aware that I was noticing her actions. The reason I did this is because I used to be one of those children. I will admit,I just started admitting this over the past 5 years or so because it has helped others along the way (friends & family with their children). This child no longer does this at my house, but it did take awhile of me "noticing". Me, on the other hand, I used to get punished for it when I was a kid (room, spankings...). I would do it in front of others & not be aware of it until I was being punished. But, that didn't matter to me...as I got older, I learned to do it in private. This was something that made me "feel good". Now, you brought up is this an orgasm? I'm an adult & will come right out & let you know....I can still do the same thing at 37 that I did at 6. Feels the same & provides the same comfort feeling. I've only spoken to one doctor about this over the years & was told it was normal. Normal being....some people have experienced it & others haven't. Now that I've written a book & plastered a little of my private life here....sorry. I just thought I would let you know first hand for your daughter because it CAN just be a soothing thing.