Medical Question

pasajes4

I over did it while on vacation. Lots of stairs and walking for hours at a time. My legs are sore all the way to the bones.

I have not been able to get much relief with over the counter pain relievers. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Pink Elephant

I over did it while on vacation. Lots of stairs and walking for hours at a time. My legs are sore all the way to the bones.

I have not been able to get much relief with over the counter pain relievers. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Try and keep your legs elevated for short periods through the day. The reduced pressure in your veins and arteries will provide you with a sense of relief.

Also, using a good quality minted balm will help, too.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi Pasa
Ouch not fun. Epsom salts bath soak, lots ten gel and lots of fluid. It is lactic acid build up most likely.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Nomad

Staff member
Epsom salt baths in warm water.

Alleve gel caps.

Aspercreme rubbed on very sore areas. I also like Arnica creame...which is all natural and probably should be tried first. If these do t work, a "minty" cream should work.

I'm going to check into the one mentioned by RB though.

Copabanana

m has been using aspercreme patches on his back. what is it called? zidocaine or something like that. he says it cuts pain in half.

i wondered how your trip went. good. it sounds like.

pasajes4

I am taking tumeric. I took a warm epsom salt bath and slathered on aspercreme. I also used the heating pad after I wrapped my legs with warm towels........much better. Thank you for all the much needed advice. I actually slept comfortably last night.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Try Aspercreme Lidocaine Cream.

With my arthritis and tendon inflammation, I practically live on the stuff.

Amazon carries it, but Walmart has it for a better price.

pasajes4

Going, I will have to try the one with lidocaine. I have gotten some relief from the other suggestions. I know exercise is supposed to be beneficial for arthritis, but in this instance the cold ( for me) exacerbated the condition. It took about 4 days of warmth to get the cold out of my bones.