medical release form

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by whatamess, Jul 11, 2009.

  1. whatamess

    whatamess New Member

    Do you guys know of any websites that have a generic medical release form so I can get my difficult child's records?
  2. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    No, sorry. I have been told by a few different offices though, that they require one of their own forms be signed.
  3. SRL

    SRL Active Member

    I agree that you'll probably need the forms from individual offices.

    I'd suggest that all parents here request copies of their difficult child's records as it happens if it's a test, report, etc. and regularly if there is ongoing treatment. We've had parents report that psychiatrist's or other offices close without letting patients know and then records disappear. It's more apt to happen if the doctor is private as opposed to part of a group.
  4. Andy

    Andy Active Member

    Medical Facilities will usually each have their own form for your to sign before releasing information. You can contact the "Medical Records" department of whichever facility you are requesting information from.

    If you do get a form from the facility, read it carefully to make sure it is what you are agreeing to. If something is not there or there is too much, talk to the facility about it. They can help you alter the release to meet your needs.
  5. DammitJanet

    DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I was going to suggest just googling medical release forms. I get all kinds of free forms online.

    I will say that getting psychiatric records can be quite tricky. They really dont want to release all of them to anyone. Medical records are much easier.