Missing my son, court date etc

Helpless29

Its been almost a month since the incident with my son breaking all his stuff when he came over to visit . On Mothers day I got a call from him, thought he was calling to wish me a Happy Mothers Day but all he said was he needed his hat that he left at the house & hung up. I do miss him alot, but I still feel like I would feel uneasy around him.And he never apologized for what he did .Court is Weds with his dad , I will be signing over full custody , not sure how it's going to go, do I tell the Judge the truth that Im afraid of my own 15 year old son? And thats why Im giving his dad full legal, sole, physicsl custody.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Helpless I hope that your husband is able to manage to get your son the help he needs. These are tough tough things to go through. You are not alone.

BloodiedButUnbowed

There is no shame in admitting that our children are out of control. My family is in the same situation. Their lack of love and concern for us is very painful.

You don't need to tell the judge every detail. Just let your attorney handle it. Or if you want to say something, simply state that you believe father can provide the structure and discipline son needs.

To be honest - and I hate to sound heartless - you may be better off NOT being legally responsible for any trouble your son may cause.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Dad can't handle him either. One step at a time. He may need to live in a structured setting, such as a group home, for a period of time. That will be up to his dad.

We have given up hope of functioning as actual parents to our two, our best hope is that they will consent to speaking to us politely on a semi-regular basis. In our situation right now even that is unlikely at this time. I hope for a better outcome in your situation.

Triedntrue

You have made a difficult decision out of love for your older son as well as your younger ones. They dont need to live in fear of their brother and neither do you. I am sure that you have not made the decision lightly.