Nana Spoils / Gets Away With it

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lately I've been letting Aubrey sit on my lap while I'm on the computer. At first the images facinated her. Then I went into Playhouse Disney and OMG she fell in love. lol

She's so cute. Knows what a mouse does. Knows those keys on the keyboard DO something. (just hasn't figured out what)

Then I introduced Darrin to the same thing. He was thrilled. Mom doesn't let him near the computer at home. Nichole doesn't let Aubrey either. So this is just a special Nana/grandkids thing. lol

Today I taught 4 yr old Darrin how to use the mouse all by himself. At first I thought I'd lost my marbles. lol I forgot how teaching a 4 yr old can be at times.

Took him about 20 mins to get the hang of NOT clicking the mouse til he had it aimed at what he wanted to click. Then he took off and had a blast playing My Friends Tigger and Pooh activities.

Now ya know what? I got away with some pretty major Nana stuff. :smile:

My kids were NEVER allowed to touch anything like the tv/computer ect til they were teens. Computer wasn't til they were grown, especially MINE.

Neither Nichole or easy child has commented on this. Yet.

So, so far I've gotten away with it cold.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DammitJanet

I do the same thing Lisa...lol.

Now the only problem is that Keyana wants to be in my lap and playing on the computer every time I am sitting in front of it!

You know, there just wasn't stuff for kids to do on the computer back then.

Copper wasn't on the computer till Jr. High. Tink can navigate the web and has for a couple years. What a difference a decade makes.

F

flutterbee

You go, girl!

difficult child learned early on to use the mouse, which impressed me cause she's a lefty and uses a righty mouse. She used to say, I want to play on the pa-uter. How could you resist that?

Wiped Out

Staff member
:you_go_girl:I remember husband teaching difficult child to use the mouse when he was about that age.

VLong

Do you feel a little bit naughty, Nana? :smile: I think it's going to be so fun to find those things I can do that will be special time between me and Kyla.

You go, Nana!!