need advice..Please

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
no legal issues. and no violence against others, so I'm I wrong about sociopath? you mean its just entitled and immature? hmmm... ok.. he just fits that I thought..but ok.

Honestly, he sounds like a spoiled brat and fiancee has never made him accountable and is afraid to tell him no. She is his slave at his beck and call.

If it were me, I would go to counseling for myself first, or go to ala-non meetings if they are in your area (free). Start with that first. You will find others in your situation and they will help you find the words to discuss with your fiancee that things need to change.

Your choices are:
1) Sit down with fiancee tell her your concerns and you would like for you both to go to counseling, and/or son and Mom.
2) Move out for a while, date her but have a place of your own because it's only going to get worse if nothing changes and fiancee is unwilling to see her son for what he is and make him accountable and she needs to learn the word "NO" and stop enabling. Your health is suffering from the stress
3) Start with yourself and getting counseling and help on how to handle the "conversation" which is not going to be easy and fiancee will be defensive, etc.
4) Print out the detachment document on this website and leave it out for her to see. When discussing son; make a list first of all the things that a normal 26 year old responsible adult son wouldn't be doing. Ordering mom around, get this and that, drive me here and there, barge into our bedroom, stink up the place, live like a pig, bring ladies over to your house and expect you to pick them up and deliver. Then ask her, does this sound normal to you?
5) Walk away because what you are dealing with is a nightmare and fiancee and son are two against one. Again, your health is suffering.
6) Find him his own place

Last edited:

justgo

you know I don't have a lot of options---got laid off, broke, and well.....broke..lol

I agree with everyone else about you moving out but if you say you don't have options and you're broke I suggest therapy for you to deal and get back on your feet financially so that you can be independent and happier living out of their house. In the meantime I guess you should just love and support her and make the best of your relationship with her. Do what you can so that these things about him don't get to you or get in the way of your future with her. Temporarily, hopefully. Good luck.

Last edited:

BusynMember

Why should she leave her own home or put up with thus boyfriend? They should leave if they dont follow her rules. Your house/your rules.

ksm

This thread is about the middle age man and his fiancée, who has a 26yo spoiled, failed to launch son. He and fiancée are both on the lease...and he lost his job... KSM