NEED HELP GETTING SERVICES FOR difficult child

needabreak

O.K HERE IS A QUISTION,MABY YOU ALL COULD HELP.I AM ALL READY GRTTING HELP FOR MY OTHER SON FOR Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified.I GET RESPITE CARE AND ALSO I GET MONEY FROM A ROLLING ACESESS FUND.THE MONEY GOES TOWARDS GYMNASTICS FOR HIS SENSORY ISSURES AND EVEN HAD SWIMMING CLASSES FOR HIM AND ALSO I RECIEVE PULLUPS EVERY MONTH. I HAVE RECIEVED A COMPUTER FOR HIM TO HELP HIM LEARN.I DONT DO THE KIND OF HELP WHERE THEY COME WATCH YOUR CHILDREN I JUST DONT FEEL SAFE LEAVING HIM WITH ANYONE.BUT WHEN I TRY TO GET HELP FOR difficult child IT SEEMS A LITTLE BIT HARDER.I MEAN AS FAR AS GETTING MONEY FOR SERVICES LIKE GYMNASTICS OR CAMPS,OR EVEN LEARNING TOOLS.MOST OF THE PLACES I CALLED(and i call o lot)ONLY HAVE SERVICES FOR DEVELOMENTAL DISABILITY CHILDREN.MY difficult child HAS A MENTAL DISABILITY WHICH IS NOT THE SAME THEY SAY.SO ANY SUGESTIONS SORRY SO LONG.... :whew:

Janna

Mental Health/Mental Retardation.

Find the local Baltimore MH/MR office. I'm sure they have one. I'm fairly close to you, but in PA, and we have two here.

You want to sign up for case management services. They will help. Only downside - you usually have to meet with someone once a month. But they come to your house, so hey, not a bad deal. They can also help with alot of referrals.

Janna

kris

<span style="color: #660000">to be honest i don't think there is all that much out there for the adhd set in terms of home services & such ~~~ depends on how severe, how much of a behavior problem. it's different for kids on the spectrum...more agencies, a huge focus on them right now. even parents of kids on the spectrum have problems getting the kind of services your talking about. MH/MR is a good suggestion tho.

oh & one thing. could you please not type in all caps. in internet speak it's yelling & it hurts the eyes of us older folks....makes it very hard to read. thanks.

kris </span>