Need some help coming up with a name

DammitJanet

I have decided to try selling some homemade items like laundry soap and fabric softener, felted soaps and other assorted stuff like that.

I want to have a homey name. I also have to pray I can get it either through gmail or aim/aol. Hopefully gmail.

I am thinking of something like Grandma Janet's Soap's and Stuff. I dont think I need to do a website right now because I really want to just sell locally with shipping costs being so high. I could just put my phone number and take order's that way but having email would really help too.

I have already made a deal with the laundry mat I use every week. They are going to let me put sample packs in there to be sold for a dollar and we will split the proceeds. Im doing that just to get the stuff out there so people will call me with orders.

Anyway, I know we have some folks who are fantastic with cute names...give em to me!

dstc_99

Southern soaps and stuff
Janet's homemade soaps
Rinse and repeat
Wish wash suds and stuff
Soaps: by the mad housewife
Monkey wash
Loads of fun
Dear Janet: Laundry

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

DammitJanet

Ohhhhh I love these! Ummm....No way to Grammy Janet...lol. I will never, ever in my life be referred to as Grammy. That was my mother and to say we didnt have a good relationship is to put it mildly.

My oldest son wont call me "mom" because my mother taught him from infancy to call me Janet no matter what I did. She wanted to be called Grammy so I always referred to her that way from the time he was born. I never called her MOM if he was even in the house. It was always, Grammy this and Grammy that. My mother however refused to say...mommy said this or go to your mommy. Never used the term mommy when she spoke about me. She simply used my name as if I was his older sister. In her mind I truly think she wanted my first born son. Odd thing was she didnt do the same thing with the younger two boys.

I really like wish wash soaps and stuff. If needed I could put my last name in front because it is really rare.

JKF

Janet! When you decide on a name let me know. I'll do a logo for you! No charge. I'm a graphic designer so that's right up my ally!

DammitJanet

Oh wow JFK, thanks so much! I cant do art for nothing. Never could...lol.

I was going to learn adobe paint right before I got sick with the meningitis but when I came out my mind simply hasnt been the same and I dont think I could learn something that complex anymore.

How about Grandma's Tiny Bubble's Soaps and Stuff.

JKF

No problem! I'm a pro at all those programs! It's like second nature after all these years and I love creating new logos. Let me know when you decide on the name and I'll get started!

DammitJanet

I have played around with names on gmail and what works is Grandma's soaps and potions. So I guess that is it! It fits because I will also be making things like homemade Shout, homemade boo boo spray, homemade shampoo, homemade hair conditioner. Even furniture cleaner and household cleaners.

LittleDudesMom

Janet, look into selling in Instagram. It's the butter on easy child's bread (and she does Etsy and popups shows as well). You would be amazed the folks that find you when you get creative with hashtags...

That sounds really lucrative. I bought borax in the beginning of the summer to make a natural ant killer, never needed it, but may make some detergent with it. Where did you get the recipe? I may look on pinterest. I think someone here had a recipe once. You also may want to make baby wipes, my daughter in law makes her own, she saves a fortune. Plus she says they are so much better than anything she can buy.

DammitJanet

I dont even know how to Instagram...lol. I tried to learn twitter and I have never been able to figure it out. I also dont have a smartphone anymore. When Tony and I moved, I scaled down and now I have Magic Jack as a house phone and he has a cheapie prepaid. My days of unrestricted everything are over...lol. I just dont think I need it anymore and I dont find I miss it for the most part. I want to try to talk Billy into giving me his old tablet so I can eread again though.

Dixies_fire

I wrote a big reply but it got eaten...
Basically I was going to say facebook has a very easy business page format and I got a lot more traffic that way even though my phone number was on every bottle I sold.

I made deals with people for saving me milk jugs.
Did private parties like Avon, scentsy and Mary Kay, slumber parties,
Garage sales and did the flea markets that are open here and rent out space for $15.00 a table

I always wanted to make the dry kind and this kind it's called "whipped detergent" it might make for easier transportation
http://www.budget101.com/myo-household-items/5-minute-no-cook-laundry-detergent-recipe-4075.html

And when I started making the other kind I bought my stuff from here
http://www.naturesgardencandles.com
I bought my natural
Lotion base from there and citric acid for bath bombs and dish detergent packs.

Dollar tree has lots of bottles that if you buy by the case from their website they end up being cheaper than 1 dollar.

My recommendations are to buy a good printer and do it yourself for labels they get pricy if you get kinkos to do it but they are somewhat more "hassle free"

Good luck

Dixies_fire

And if you want to see what a facebook business page looks like

www.facebook.com/juliehomeproducts

I had a lot
More
Customers than ever saw my facebook page but most
Of my repeat customers liked to stay connected to me in this way. Building recipes and making and finding content to post was a chore though I will admit.