newbie touching base

missusoverall

Hi there, my 11 yr old difficult child is seeing a psychologist and now a psychiatrist who has prescribed an antidepressant. We have all had 7 years of challenging behaviour, his symptoms fit narcissistic or antisocial pd but I'm keeping an open mind (we have so much high drama, it's hard to tell reality from fiction where his feelings are concerned!!) - although I must admit, after all this time I'm so desperate for a diagnosis so I can start to help him it's not true! :crazy: Anyway I have 2 other pcs (so far... ;)), one is my difficult child's twin and a husband. I'm so glad to have found you, Sarah

Sunlight

hi sarah~
glad you spoke up and welcome aboard.
so you have had a few hard years, but it sounds like you are learning all you can. education is power in this case!
janet

BusynMember

Hi there. To help us, you may want to post a signature like the one I have below. Has a psychiatrist (with the MD) or a neuropsychologist ever evaluated him?

LittleDudesMom

Hi Sarah,

I've been here a number of years and I believe you are the first poster I've seen from Spain! Welcome :smile:

Many times the depression in young ones comes in the form of high frustration and anger. I certainly hope the ad helps, if not, you will know shortly. It's good that you are reading and researching. Nothing better than an informed parent.

Glad to have you with us.

Sharon