So difficult child is in a motel until Tuesday the 9th. Then social services will be sending him back to the streets. Not sure when or if the bed at Safe Haven is ever going to open. I can't get anyone at OTA or MHA to return my calls or respond to my emails. I'm so frustrated and sick to my stomach. I think we're at the end of our rope here. I think I talked about this in a previous thread, but my father offered to allow difficult child to come out to Idaho and live in one of his apartments in lieu of difficult child helping him with maintenance on the apartments, etc. Originally I wasn't even going to entertain the idea until difficult child was stable on his medications (which he's no longer on bc they were stolen) and complying with the Safe Haven rules etc. However, I'm starting to think that I should send difficult child out on Tuesday when his motel stay is up instead of sending him back to the streets. That way he can get settled out there instead of bouncing around from place to place. difficult child is excited about going. He wants to get settled and spend time with his grandfather. My dad is alone out there so I think it would be good for HIM also to have some family ties there. The only thing difficult child is nervous about is the trip itself. He refuses to fly (which is way too expensive anyway) so I think we're going to send him via Amtrak train. It's a two day trip across country (yes a long trip but it's not like he has anything else going on!) and there are 2 changeovers - one in Washington Difficult Child and one in Chicago. He's terrified he won't be able to find the next train when he has to change. I think he'll be fine (although I'm a little worried) - he'll have 3 hours between one changeover and almost 5 hours between the next so I'm fairly certain he'll be able to find next train and/or ask for help if he needs it. Any of you ever travel this way? If so is it easy?? I haven't booked the trip yet. Waiting for confirmation from my dad that it's ok for him to come next week. I hope this works out. I'm so worried about so many things. Yes I'm happy he's in a motel for now but what's the next step? This is far from over. I can't relax. Still can't sleep. I'm feeling sooo sick. I need this nightmare to end now.