Not sure if this is the place

BigBlue, first Thank-You for helping with the insurance stuff /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Welcome to the family /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, unto my question I might use a few words from fran's response to my question that I posted in the watercooler.

My son is being seen be a pcdoc and a therapist. I was wondering if this therapist could see me and umbrella it under my sons account?? I feel I need some help, however I can't afford any more bills, and as I said in my posting I can't afford not to seek some help. Your input on this would be appreciated /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif


New Member
I can answer this question about how it worked for us.

I used to have parent sessions once a month with my daughters therapist. This was considered part of my daughter care so it got billed as such.

I would Talk to his therapist about setting up monthy parent sessions.



New Member
Trying, the first thing you should do before you have the the therapist automatically sign you up for sessions, is to check the benefits of your coverage. If it is only for your difficult child, there may NOT be family therapy coverage. I know that doesn't sound fair, but with some coverage, and Medicaid in some states is included in this, the coverage is ONLY for the person whose name is on the policy. If however there is coverage, make sure you don't have to go thru an EAP(employee assistance program) first, sometimes they will do family coverage thru their own therapists. (Can be a way around this tho) and then make sure your difficult child has enough visits per year to allow for additional visits. Some mental and nervous carriers only allow 20 outpt visits per year max. Know it doesn't seem fair, but unfortunately as I have said over and over, most employers DO NOT want to spend much on mental/nervous coverage. BLUE