OJ...

witzend

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I can't believe that not one of us has something to say about the possibility that OJ may yet end up in jail for the rest of his life.

"A sting operation"? Whatever. I guess that getting away with essentially cutting off your wife's head because you're jealous skews your idea of what you can and can't do if you feel you've been wronged.

Sunlight

it proves he is nuts and thinks he is above the law.
you would think with him having been free and with all he had been thru that he would want to be very careful to never get in trouble again. what a stupid guy.

even if those were his things and they had been stolen, why did he not simply call the cops and report the items stolen??

Nancy

He sd he did not report them stolen or call the police for help in getting them back because he knew the police would not help him.

Nancy

donna723

He is soooo full of it! Did you notice the smirk on his face when he was being led off in handcuffs?

He could be really in the deep doo doo this time. They were saying on the news this afternoon that they've added a charge of kidnapping ... that's what it is when you prevent someone from leaving!

I don't understand the whole "memorabilia" thing, and him claiming that the things they had were his. If the articles were autographed, they were obviously items that had been sold previously, or were meant to be sold! Who goes around autographing all their own stuff that they have in their home??? Well, maybe he does....

Something else I heard on the news - they were saying his own daughter who is now 17(?) has called 911 on him a few times when he got abusive and violent with her! Makes you really wonder what those kids must think!

Lothlorien

If he's convicted, I think he'll get the max, which I think is kinda of funny, since he's been free for all these years for something most of us truly think he's guilty for. I don't think this next judge is going to be another Ito idiot.

witzend

What I wonder is, if he's convicted and sentenced in Nevada, is he then a citizen of Nevada, and do the Nevada laws apply to his assets as to the civil trial? Does his house go to the Goldmans in that case?

donna723

Witz, I'm not sure but I don't THINK that being incarcerated in a certain state makes you a legal resident of that state. I can find out though.

I DO know that during the official US census, inmates are counted in the county and state where they are incarcerated, not where they used to live.

witzend

Wouldn't that be poetic justice? Especially seeing as to how so far there hasn't been any justice at all...

Steely

I just knew he would do himself in sooner or later! He is a criminal, a sociopath - and you can't be one of those - without it eventually catching up with you.
Or so we hope!!!! :mad:

Steely

Ewwwww............this just in, hot off the presses:

<span style="color: #FF0000">One of the alleged victims</span>, (of OJ's heist),<span style="color: #FF0000"> Bruce Fromong, suffered a major heart attack and was in critical condition Tuesday at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the hospital said.</span>

Can we hope this will be yet another charge added to OJ's list? I am not a legal eagle, so I don't know what the charge could be - but let's hope something would stick!!!!!!!!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I'm so tired of hearing about OJ. I want the next thing I hear about him to be: JAIL FOR LIFE

The guy is bad news.

He got away with murder, but can't just go away quietly.

Peace

F

flutterbee

I heard a blip that he was in trouble again, but I haven't paid attention to what for. I'm not interested in feeding his ego by giving him a second thought.

tinamarie1

I saw on the news tonight that the judge that was assigned to the civil case against OJ, that the Goldman family won...he saw a picture of OJ today and he had a Rolex watch on. But yet the man has no money to pay the Goldmans what they recieved in the civil case...so the judge told their attorney that he could fly to where ever OJ is right now and seize that Rolex. TEEE HEEE!!! I love it...he will get what he deserves, one way or another.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Seems to me that the "mementos" OJ claimed were his (that he was trying to "steal back"...uh...retrieve) should also be the property of the Goldmans.......

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Initially, the news line we heard was that the mementos he was trying to recover (aka steal) were auctioned off back when he lost everything following the civil trial loss and had to pay his attorney's. However, I think that story line has been amended. And, it was also stated just yesterday that it is believed that there are many people who have been stewing about him being a free man and set him up so that he'd ultimately be behind bars for SOMETHING!

Personally, I couldn't care less what happens to OJ, but you know, it would certainly be poetic justice if he ended up in some dark cold cell. Unfortunately, the likes of him would be treated differently than your average inmate and the only loss would be to his enormous ego.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, it was also stated just yesterday that it is believed that there are many people who have been stewing about him being a free man and set him up so that he'd ultimately be behind bars for SOMETHING! </div></div>

Maybe so, but it's OJ you hear screaming orders around. He didn't have to do it. We all have free will. Even OJ.

If it gets that far, it will be a criminal trial so the standard will be "beyond reasonable doubt" (you can think for a moment maybe he didn't do it and still find him guilty), not a civil trial where it would "preponderance of the evidence" (more likely than not". Hopefully his jury will be able to figure that out this time...