OK, cell phone experts I need some advice when you have time..not urgent!

DammitJanet

DDD...I can talk into my texts or have my phone read me my texts. All I have to do is hit the button on the phone and not even look down. I just say...Text Tony...Tony, get me some milk on way home...send.

They have a really cool bluetooth thing you can put in your car so you dont have to wear one on your ear. It fits either on the dash or someplace like that and it will sync to your phone and you can just use that for handsfree talking.

DDD

If Billy was my kid I would know all about those things, Janet. LOL DDD

by the way, AT&T said they don't allow diffrent area codes. No big deal.

S

Signorina

DDD - enjoy your new phone!!

Buddy - I have AT&T which allows for parental controls on my kids' cell phone accounts. I imagine that the other cell phone companies offer it as well. My kids do not have internet access on their phones. You can also activate a GPS locator on the phone - I have it on my mom's phone "just in case" I *need* to find her. (she's a widow and lives alone out of state) I am actually considering adding it to difficult child's phone as well -- but I understand that it notifies the phone when it's added and I don't want to scare him away.

buddy

DDD -

Just to make it easier to wrap your brain around texting... I explained to husband that its really like a phone-to-phone miniature email system. You can't do long messages... which is why they come up with short forms... (like, Know what I mean??).

With the new hands-free laws, you can't just answer your phone while driving (except hands-free, which is expensive here to set up)... but if I send husband a text that says "Pls get 2 mlk thx", he will hear that he has a text message, will check it at the next red light... and will stop at the store on his way home and pick up two jugs of milk. You WILL end up using it - but don't worry about starting out with it right away!

In MN not illegal yet to talk on cell phone while driving but it IS illegal to text. It has been big news here and a topic of convo as first grand. in our famiy hit permit age, tee hee.

DDD

I don't think either is against the law in Fl. yet...but don't worry, I'm not apt to use the phone much anywhere especially when in the car. DDD