Painkiller Darvocet Removed From the Market

H

HaoZi

Wow. My mom was a diabetic with heart disease and a history of heart attacks and I recall her having that as a PRN.

DammitJanet

Wow. Im glad I wasnt on that very long. It was the first pain medication they started me on at the very beginning of my journey. Brings back memories...lol.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's interesting to note that medication has been in use since 1957. As I recall it was never intended for long term use ~ times, they are a changing.

I'm glad that the FDA is watching medication reactions ~ I'm not trying to be rebellious on this one but after 50 plus years of use I think it's a bit too little too late.

Lothlorien

Darvon is also one they discontinued. My aunt cannot take a lot of pain medications, because of allergic reactions. She just had this refilled and had the entire bottle stolen on Friday. She called the doctor to get another prescription and can't get it. She is in a lot of pain, too.

Jena

my mom told me about it today. my stepfather was on it for quite sometime and he has heart issues. scary stuff.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I had the weirdest experience on this drug.
I am a total light weight for alcohol or drugs. I just zonk out. I take very little of either because my system can't handle it.
Anyhow, this past summer I had some hip problems. Took the Darvocet before bed. I woke up in the middle of the night, convinced that one of the dogs was left outside and he was barking. I wasn't asleep and I wasn't awake. I remember it clearly. I turned on the flood lights and went outside in my nightgown to look for my dog. I live on close to 6 acres with 5 being total woods. I can just imagine the neighbors looking outside at the old lady in her nightgown calling for my dog. Needless to say I didn't find the dog.
I went back in the house and fell asleep on the couch. In the morning, husband wondered where I went. The dog I was looking for was exactly where he always is. Sleeping at the foot of my bed. I had to walk over him to get out.
I never took Darvocet again. Glad I didn't hop in the car.