people who dont walk in the same shoes

Teriobe

I cant stand it when people say, well, if it were my kid, i would........
You dont know what you would do so shut up.
Or you need to cut ties, disown them, ya let me see you do that to your kid
It ticks me off.

Maddmom

I understand because I've had that said to me too about my daughter. No one really knows what is going on but i am new here so i really like getting support and talking to people who are going through the same things.

bluebell

Oh my I could write a book. What irritates and infuriates me at times is the contradictions these people propose. One minute suggesting I jeopardize my retirement by putting them in expensive rehab and the other saying to just drop him off in the hood - in the same conversation! That just shows you how they really have no clue. And pretty much noone in my family will talk to my son any more even though his dad, sister and I are the only ones he abuses. Any one of these people could take him in and get him out of this environment but they won't. I'm not saying it is their obligation but when they get going on their opinions and what they would do, I want to tell them what I would do if I were them! And that is HELP ME!

BusynMember

Chances are your son would start abusong anyone he lives with. Right now, this is who he is and what he does. Hopefully it will change. Nobody is obligated to take him in. He is not safe. They kow this no matter what kind of mixed advice they give you.

It is up to you what you share. You dont have to tell your family anything. They sound like they are not good at being comforting to you, whixh is all they can really do anyways.

bluebell

That's all true, SOT. This is a very lonely road I'm going down. I slip up and tell them things, esp when I feel like things are changing - for the worse or better, esp my dad who can help financially but my son has yet to accept the help. But the reality is there won't be a quick fix or change to any of my son's issues - and he has to be the one to want to change.