Please keep Hailie in your thoughts

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! Janet I'm so sorry to hear the lil baby is so sick.

Glad to hear she's getting top notch care, and everyone's on their toes. Goodness, I bet the kids are beside themselves, as I'm sure you and husband are too.

Saying prayers, keeping good thoughts, and crossing body parts for lil Hailie. :angel: :flower:

(((hugs)))

Steely

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif I am so sorry.....the baby is in my prayers and thoughts as well. Please, please, keep us updated.

Janna

Oh, Janet, I was away all day, I'm so sorry :crying: I sure hope it's not anything too serious. Poor little baby girl :crying:

I will keep positive thoughts and say prayers for her. Please do update when you can, I'll keep an eye out.

My fingers are crossed it's nothing serious, my friend.

Janet, I didn't read what the others wrote but: this happened to my son, Dan. He couldn't digest the protiens in the formula, but they said it would have happened even if he was breast fed. I had to give him a formula called Nutramagin. The protiens in it were already broken down, and easier to digest. This was so scary! He outgrew it, as they said he would. The worst that would have happened is, he wouldn't have outgrown it, and I would have had to order his food from somewhere. But, I'm sorry this is happening and I hope this is what it is. It sounds like it....(((hugs))))-Alyssa

missmel3315

Oh Janet I am so sorry that Hailie is sick. My prayers and good thoughts go out to you, Tony, Jamie and Billie. It sounds to me like it could very well be viral. My question is what the blood looks like. Is the blood in her stool a dark tarry looking color or bright red fresh blood. If it is dark it is considered "old blood" and is probably coming from the gut. If it is bright red that could pose different problems. Also what does the blood coming from the gut look like. Again is it bright red fresh blood or does it look like coffee grounds. Again that is indicitive (SP) of old blood. I will pray for y'all that she comes thru this ok and that the doctors find what is going on quickly. Call me if you need me as I am at home now.

HUGS

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Saying healing prayers for Hailie.....sending strength for the rest of your family to get thru this scary time....

Ephchap

OMG, Janet. How frightening!

Sending many hugs and prayers your way and to your little granddaughter that they find out what it is and it is easily corrected.

Deb

On_Call

Just checking back in. Glad Hailie is in the very capable hands of your stepsister! That at least is reassuring. Hoping the answer is a simple one and that this is behind all of you before too long.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

DammitJanet

Latest is that there is still some blood being lost someplace and they dont know where it is coming from. She may be lactose intolerant which would not surprise me at all because both Jamie and Cory were as infants and Jamie still is today.

Jamie still has a colitis problem himself.

They are going to check her blood count at 6 and if her blood count is still going down then she will get a blood transfusion. They may have to do a endoscopy on her. Poor lil one. She only weighs about 9 pounds! They are talking about removing the IV and starting her on pedialyte. I think they may have let them already give her a bottle of it.

I guess if she is lactose intolerant she will go on formula.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for the update Janet.

Lactose intolerate isn't such a big deal. All 3 of mine were as babies, and they all grew out of it. Soy infant formula solved the problem for them.

Hope it's nothing more serious than that. Keeping her in my prayers. :angel:

Hugs

nvts

Sorry I haven't gotten to reply (it's been crazy here) but I wanted you to know I saw the post and have been praying for you and yours ever since!

Keeping you guys in our thoughts!

Beth

DammitJanet

Latest update.

She has been drinking pedialyte for the last 12 hours.

Her bloodwork still isnt really good but they think it is probably lactose intolerance. They are going to start her on a soy based formula. They are having mom continue to pump breast milk in the event that she can restart breast feeding eventually.

They intend to try the soy based for about two weeks then if that heals her gut to try her back on the breast milk again. At that point she will have another appointment with the GI docs.

Hopefully they will be discharged from the hospital tomorrow or the next day. They will have to come back to the GI docs within the next few days to a week they said. Luckily they only live about 70 miles or so from Richmond. Maybe a tad bit more. But these are the best docs and only the best for this baby...lol.

If breast milk doesnt work, she will just go on soy.