prayers, good thoughts crossed fingers etc! UPDATE

rejectedmom

The National institute of Health contacted me today. They want to include difficult child in their study! As you all might remember I had this all set up before difficult child went to prison and then had to cancel it. When difficult child got out I asked him if he still wanted to do it and he said that he did because it would help other people. (difficult child has a rare genetic disorder). I then contacted NIH again and held my breath afraid that they would no longer be interested due to difficult child's misdeeds etc. I didn't hear from them right away and thought that they had decided against bringing difficult child in. Then today while I was traveling home from our cottage, they called. I pulled off the highway and talked to the intake person for an several minutes. She asked me if I was still interested. answer = YES!!!!!

I am in the process of getting things set up. I have to clear the dates with his caseworker and PO once I get them from NIH. Rhe tests will take a couple of days so I will need a travel pass from his PO.

PLEASE pray, think good thoughts, cross your fingers and send any othe possible positive vibes you can send for difficult child so that he can stay out of trouble long enough for us to get this testing done. NIH will do brain scans, genetic counseling, psyciatric evaluations etc.

This should help us get a better handle on what to expect from difficult child and also help with getting PO's demands on him in line with his abilities. We might also be able to get him on the right combo of medicines so he can be a productive part of the human population. ( hope does spring eternal) Since the tests are for NIH's ongoing genetic studies, all expenses will be covered by them. -RM

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PLEASE pray, think good thoughts, cross your fingers and send any othe possible positive vibes you can send for difficult child so that he can stay out of trouble long enough for us to get this testing done. </div></div>

You got it, RM.

:dance: I'm revving up to do the naked chicken liver dance, too. :dance:

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

Oh Suz, It could be too late already. I just called difficult child to give him the good news and he is in trouble. Seems he got caught drinking Friday night. He could go bback to prison for this since he is not of age. I am heart broken. I blasted him and he hung up on me. I think I am going to scream! -RM

rejectedmom

Thanks Janet. I reacted now I wonder if I should have. I'm just sick over this and praying I didn't trigger more bad behavior in him by telling him how angry and disappointed I was.

hearthope

Sending you prayers and (((hugs)))) This sounds wonderful!!!! crossing parts that the drinking won't mess it up.

Talk to PO? Explain the no medications issue and self-medicating? Maybe he will see the need for the study?

Traci

KFld

I'll be keeping all body parts crossed that he can still do this. Don't kick yourself for how you reacted. been there done that. They infuriate us so much that you can't possibly always think before you react to their rediculous choices.

Keep us posted.

rejectedmom

Thanks all. difficult child says he will see PO on Wed. I will wait to hear what she has to say and whether the program chooses to toss him out or let him stay. I guess I want to see if he will fight for himself before I do anything more. I can't help him if he won't help himself. -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Add me to the list of those with as many body parts crossed as humanly possible. Wow!

This would be such a great thing for him, and would also benefit others in the future.

Hoping difficult child can hold things together, and PO is super understanding. :hypnosis: :future:

Hugs

rejectedmom

Daisy, difficult child does want to do this so he can do something good for others. He has not called me back and after talking with ur dear Suz last night I decided to not call him. The call I put i to his case worker before I knew about the drinking incident remains unanswered. I think everyone is waiting to see what the Po is going to do. I'll update when I know what she has decided. -RM

ScentofCedar

Hold faith that everything is working as it should, RM. You had given up on this testing and it came back to you out of the blue.

That is the hardest part of anything we do for our kids ~ trusting that there is a reason for what is happening and that everything is working as it should.

And you know?

Everytime Suz does that naked chicken liver dance, something very good happens.

:smile:

Barbara

Sunlight

it is so discouraging to see them relapse so soon after getting out of prison. you would think the thought of the horror they experienced would overwhelm any desire to drink. ant is horrified with the thought of going back, but when he drinks he forgets.

rejectedmom

Thank you all! difficult child saw the PO and she added a few conditions to his parole ones that in my opinion should have been in place from the start. difficult child must attend recovery classes at his socialization program and he must go to AA meetings. So he is not being violated but she gave him a stern warning. difficult child called me and apologized. He still maintains tht the booze was given to him but I do not believe him. The caseworker said it was both beer and shots and that difficult child was very inebriated. She said she is concerned as to where he got the money so I guess she isn't believing difficult child's story of a freebie either. I just hope what we all said to him has sunk in.

Yes Janet, one would think that the horror of prison would be a deterrant but statistics prove otherwise.

Barbara, This didn't come out of the blue I had contacted NIH when difficult child got out and asked them if they were still interested. They didn't get back to me right away like they did the first time so I thought it was off the table but then they called on Monday,

-RM