Proud Of difficult child

B

Bunny

difficult child is in honors English. He came to me at the end of the first quarter to tell me that he was having trouble and didn't know how to fix it. I called the teacher and had a great conversation with him. difficult child went to extra help, did some extra work at home, and really tried to apply himself.

Last night he came to me holding a piece of paper and said that I needed to see his test.

difficult child got a 100!!! All of the vocabulary was identified right, and everything was spelled correctly, which was what he has the most trouble with.

I was so proud of him that I told him he could have 15 minutes extra at bed time, which he didn't use, because he feel asleep by 8:30. He was upset about that this morning, but when I told him that he could have his 15 minutes today he was happy.

DDD

Savor the moment. That's just awesome that he took responsibility for finding the extra help he needed. I'm very honestly impressed and understand your pride. Way To Go, difficult child! DDD

B

Bunny

This is one of those things that I don't understand about difficult child. Grades are a HUGE thing for him and, in truth, he is harder on himself than husband and I could ever be. He got a bad grade on a test (and this time, it really was a bad grade. He's told me in the past that he got a bad grade and it was an 80. I don't consider that bad) and was very upset about it. He knew he could do better and should do better and has worked hard to do so. I understand that it's only one test, but I was still really happy for him. And smile on his face!!!! I wish I could see that smile all the time.

T

TeDo

Way to go difficult child! Don't you just love "growth" and the smiles that come along with it. Now, for him to remember that accepting help is okay. Smile on Bunny.