Saturday Night Survival

KTMom91

Sent Hubby out for burgers and fries, and then watching mindless TV till about 10pm, when we get the herd settled and head for bed. Butterfinger ice cream is also on the agenda.

ColleenB

We went on a wine tour where you walk around a sweet little water front village and there are food and wine at various venues! So much fun! I can't remember the last time my hubby and I just let loose and enjoyed ourselves!

ksm

I made my world famous Hays House Beef Brisket. I say world famous because we have had 13 exchange students and it was well loved by all of them. I also used up left over angel food cake, by cutting in to cubes and made cooked chocolate pudding and poured over the top. Let cooled some, then topped with cool whip and chopped up Kit Kat candy bar.

husband and I took an evening stroll around our neighborhood. It's busier here, because this is our State Fair time...and we live 3 blocks away. We will probably go tomorrow as t is $1 day. Plus I bought two senior tickets. We just like to go and look around and people watch.

There is a hypnotist that gets volunteers from the audience, and it is fun (but appropriate) to watch.

Today...church. We haven't been for almost 6 weeks as Difficult Child was in treatment facility 200 miles away.

Yesterday I got out a few fall decorations. Some indoors some outdoors. I rearranged my potted plants on the porch and hosed it off. Now, I need to decorate the mantle...I put a couple things on the entry table. It's not much, but it makes me happy. The last few difficult years I usually didnt even bother.

Still having anxiety over Difficult Child...its been less than a week since coming home from rehab...and wth the state fair in town... Last night she did go with a girl I trust and I am hoping she stayed clean.

Ksm

pasajes4

KSM, It sounds as if you are grappling with things the best you can. I love fall decor.

Long story and I will post about it as soon as I can process the whole situation, but I finally had the house to myself for a couple of hours. I just walked around the house and enjoyed the silence.

Sam3

I love reading these. It's healing.

It makes me realize how stupid it is to feel guilty not being as unhappy as your least happy child.

It didn't help them on their descents. So I guess it can't affect their possible ascents either.

StillStanding

Thank you everyone for sharing! I've recently learned that I can have pain and joy at the same time. I often force myself to do the things I enjoy even if I think I don't want to. It doesn't mean I'm not still sad / angry / frightened / worried. But, I can laugh and enjoy something without guilt.

I'd really like to try the world famous Beef Brisket and maybe Butterfinger ice cream :)

Have a good week friends. We are not alone.

ksm

The Hays House is supposedly the oldest restaurant west of the Mississippi. I think it used to be a stage coach stop with boarding rooms and a place to eat. It's in Council Grove, KS. I would always order the brisket...no need to add bbq sauce...unless you want to!

Ksm