Scared Worried about Jess

susiestar

Roll With It
I called the neuro Thurs and left a message. Did not hear from them on Fri, which is their usual. She had another seizure late last night, well early Fri between 3 and 4 am. She bent down to put the cat's food bowl on the floor because he was having a fit about not getting fed (he did, just knows if he catches her around that time he can get a snack). She got "stuck" and has no idea how long she was bent over.

She seems to become paralyzed in one position, unable to do more than move her eyes a little. I am sure the nurse at the neuro's office will try to tell me it was a "panic attack" and I know dang well that panic attacks do NOT behave this way, so who knows what will happen. It doesn't matter what she does or what the people working on psychiatric issues with her say - it all gets written off to anxiety and panic attacks. The psychiatrist cannot make them rx medications for seizures and doesn't want to do it. He knows how the medications treat psychiatric disorders but not seizure disorders.

He cannot see much benefit in psychiatric treatment for her as long as they are unwilling to treat her for seizures. As part of a plan to manage all of the effects of a long term illness he things psychiatric care is important, but he doesn't see anything he can medicate that will help her with psychiatric problems. He says the anxiety is a result of untreated physical problems that they are not looking into adequately but he doesn't know how to get them to look into this. The docs he would have sent us to for these problems, if we didn't have a neuro, are the first 2 who flat out said they didn't want to bother with us. So he basically has thrown his hands up and said he cannot help.

So who the H knows what we will do. We are trying to catch them on video, but we don't know they are going on until later and she cannot tell us. We cannot sit and watch her every minute but are trying to document things. She hates to be watched like she is going to hatch or something, so it is tricky.

I will keep you all posted as I can.

H

HaoZi

Any way you could try to contact some of the docs that were on that Mystery Diagnosis show? Long shot, I know.

DDD

You are such a wonderful Mom. I can only imagine how frustrated and frightened you must be. I assume you already are doing it but it seems like keeping an exact journal showing time, condition, reaction etc. might be the way to go to have documented proof that this is not just an occasional problem. Hugs. DDD