So I can announce this now

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm going to be an aunt! (by blood this time and not by marriage)

During the worst of my step-mom's stay in the hospital, my 20 year old sister found out she's pregnant. When she told me, I couldn't say anything. I just stood there and stared at her with my mouth hanging open, waiting on her to say April fools.

I still can't believe it and I still want to remove a body part on the baby daddy but I'm starting to get that giggly "I'm going to be an aunt" feeling. It's done and over with and it means a new life so no sense moaning and groaning over it, right?

However.......she managed to hook up with her very own toad/monkey boy. The guy is THIRTY TWO and has two other kids by two other women. One he's never seen as he signed off on rights. (Mom was a one night stand). The last I heard, my sis (A) had talked to him and was informed of: 1. he will be going to Miami to work and will be there until after this baby is born. (How convenient) and 2. He supposedly intends on marrying the mother of his 6 year old.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH. I can't understand why she got involved with this guy. She called him a "good friend". Um yeah, I'd say. AND she told me that she thought the only time you could get pregnant was right before your period because THAT'S when you ovulate. SIIIIIIIIIIIGH. This is the same girl who has been to the gyno for cysts and should know how her cycle works. PLUS she's taken two years of nursing (or pre-nursing) classes in college! :slap:

Huh? Oh yeah....new life. Yeah. Sweet little baby in the family. So....that's the latest. I guess A's mom (my step-mom) knows. I haven't talked to her yet so I don't know her feelings yet. I'm guessing she'll be disappointed but the same as me. New baby and all.

Oh, and step-mom had a defibrilator put in on Friday and is going home tomorrow. For having died twice, she is doing amazing! (Must have been all that nekkidness......scared her heart back into gear! LOL) Thank you again for all of the thoughts and prayers. Now I think she will need them for the strength to keep her from strangling my Dad for being a bit overprotective.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh, and I looked at baby clothes at Wal-mart the other day. I wanted to find something that says I Love My Aunt. Couldn't find a thing but I did see a little onsie that cracked me up! It says: Party at my crib at 2am

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Party at my crib at 2am

:rofl: :rofl:

I've got to look for that onesie tomorrow for easy child!!! :D

Congrats on Auntdom. I wonder if perchance your neice wanted a baby, but really didn't care a whole lot about having a man hanging around?

Although it seems the younger generation doesn't put a whole lot of thought processes into that area to begin with.

So glad to hear stepMom is doing so well. You can tell her that we don't dance nekkid for just anybody, you know. ;)

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Congratulations :) My favorite onesie that I got from one of my first baby showers for difficult child 1 read: These people are my RELATIVES???!!! Have fun shopping!

F

flutterbee

Congratulations, Auntie Stang!!!!! Babies are great. They smell good, they make sweet noises, they spit up on you. Sighhhhhh. Beth is preggers, Stang's going to be an Auntie, Lisa's gonna be a grandma again. Someone around me has GOT to have a baby so I can get my fix, darn it all.

And don't NONE OF YOU give easy child any ideas. :nonono: (Although, I have revised the rules. I have always told him that I don't want to be a grandma before I'm 45. It's now 40. :rofl:)

Anyway they can go ahead and get a DNA sample from the baby daddy now so they don't have to track him down later when he's MIA to try to establish paternity and enforce child support?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Congrats!!! You're already looking for clothes. How sweet. I love the 2am party one. I need one of those. I guess the neighbors would REALLY look at me funny then.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congrats-baby clothes are so much fun! Being an aunt is great too! Between husband and I we have 25 nieces and nephews. Once before we were married and only had about 20 at that point we bought Christmas presents for all of them-that stopped pretty soon and we started only buying for Godchildren and my sister's boys (we are very close). Now we don't buy anymore because many of them are having kids of their own. I can't even keep track of how many great nieces and newphews we have.

I'm glad to hear step-mom is doing so well!

nvts

Mustang! Great news! Congrats on being an Aunty! I'm so glad that your step mom is doing so well...she sounds like a riot (very much like my mother in law/bff!).

As far as the Daddy issue: so many fall for the dorks! My baby sister married 2 real winners (she now tells people she's a Two-Tour Veteran and will NEVER re-enlist!). She's now raising her 2 boys on her own and is happier for it. It's hard work, but it's better than being jerked around by a loser! Thank God they have the sense not to compound the everyday baby issues with a mistake in the marriage dept.

I love the onesie! I think I saw shirts, etc. with I love My Aunt in the Harriet Carter ad that came through here. You might want to check their website!

Still keeping you and yours in the prayers!

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congrats on being an aunt. I love it actually. I can't wait for the two nephews to arrive on Monday for a week. You get to choose how involved and close you want or don't want to be.
I actually became a great aunt last week but I doubt I'll see him anytime soon.
Finding little outfits is half the fun although old auntie Fam tends to be practical and buys diapers. LOL.

Lothlorien

Glad stepmom is doing better....does she know about baby daddy? That defib could start getting some use.

Congrats on being an aunt...yep keep thinking...new life, new cuddly thing that smells like baby soap.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks all! LOL Not sure exactly how much stepmom knows but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

I'm sure I'll find a lot of "aunt" stuff to get the baby. Oh!!! I just thought........I can be the one who throws a shower! Fun!!

I guess baby daddy already said he'll pay support once paternity is established. So nice of him. (oops...am I sounding a bit snarky already???) She's due in March sometime so there is time to figure things out. Just have to wait and see.