Spring weather

Californiablonde

Happy first day of Spring! I love springtime with the warmer weather and the blooming of flowers. Here in Southern California we just got over a nasty little heat wave and now it's cooled down to a comfortable 60's. It's supposed to warm up to the mid 70's by next week which is just perfect for me. So what is the weather currently like where y'all are at?

Lil

Yesterday it was in the mid-40's. Today it's in the 60's. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70's. I'd say the weather to the calendar...but it's going down again next week. :) Still...I'll take it!

:bbq:

JKF

We got 5 inches of snow here in NJ today and it's freezing cold. I like snow but enough is enough now! I certainly envy you ladies and your warm weather!

muttmeister

Monday it was 87 here and broke all of the records for high temps. Tuesday the high was 49. Typical spring for this part of the country. We were back up in the 70s yesterday and 60s today so we all have spring fever but we have had snow here in May so nobody is putting away winter coats, etc. The big problem here is that it is so dry; we had very little snow and, so far, no spring rain and none in the forecast. Lots of fires and Nebraska is usually windy so they get out of control quickly. The only thing that saves us is that, at least in all of the state except the sandhills, there aren't very many areas of uncultivated or unused land so usually the fires don't' get gigantic like they do where there are forests and brush land.

Scent of Cedar *

We have been warmer this Spring, too. Temps in upper eighties and even low nineties. Beautiful breezes, alot of humidity. Here is an interesting thing: When the winter storms are going to move up the East coast? The clouds here burgeon up into the sky and roil away, carrying the moisture that will fall there as snow.

It's been an amazing thing, to see it often enough to understand, to sort of put the pieces together about where all those clouds were roiling off to.

We would be warm, and so humid, when this would happen, the sky darkening and changing over and over again.

Eerie, to see that. To feel the power in it.

Cedar

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
We've had some warmer weather mid 40's to 50's, a real heat wave!! Tomorrow night we are supposed to get 2 to 3 inches of snow. :frown: but at least my daffodils are about 4 inches out of the ground. I do love spring time.

SpringHasSprung.jpg

Californiablonde

Personally I prefer mild temperatures. I don't like extreme hot and I don't like extreme cold. To me, 40's is extreme cold! And we are due for another heat wave later this week. One really bad thing about hot weather here is the fact that my work thinks they can turn on the air conditioner FULL BLAST and get away with it. Us ladies bring heavy sweaters and jackets to the office when it's hot out. And another thing I don't like about the heat is exercising in it. I don't like to sweat. I am looking forward to tonight's walk because it's going to be in the low sixties. I am going to enjoy while I can. I will be sweating my tush off in a few more days.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had a little bit of springish weather-even hit 70 one day. Over night we received almost 5 inches of snow. I hate winter weather! Just saying!

Confused

Hope your weather stays nice! A little rain here few days back, but mainly warm temps here. I also prefer 60's and 70's.. as long as there is no wind for the 60's! 70's is always the best, maybe 80's, just depends!!

Lil

Spring in Missouri = 65 and beautiful yesterday - 45 and raining today. But on my way to work I noticed redbuds and other flowering trees in bloom and daffodils and jonquils shining in the green grass - and tulips peeking their green heads up.

It's definitely coming.

InsaneCdn

But on my way to work I noticed redbuds and other flowering trees in bloom and daffodils and jonquils shining in the green grass - and tulips peeking their green heads up.
ENVY!
We might see some of that in another 6 weeks. If we're lucky.

BusynMember

Spring?
We thought we had that last week.
Guess that was summer too... we've gone all the way back to winter.
Haha! I had to call my ex in Chicago and he had just come in after shoveling four inches of snow. I'm pretty sure there was no snow in MId-Wisconsin (Going North, how is it there?). But when I went outside in the ST. Louis area here at Bart's house, I was just wearing short sleeves. I noticed the natives had sweatshirts on. This was yesterday morning and it was still probably in the 50s. It must have climbed to 70 later on. It was gorgeous.

Yes, I miss home. Yes, I miss my hubby and dogs and Sonic and Jumper.

But I don't miss Wisconsin's cold March weather. Make that April weather!!!!