Super duper deoderant...need help ASAP

N

Nomad

I have heard that there is a deoderant you can buy over the counter that once was prescription only. I'm not sure, but I think the word "dri" is in it. I have looked, but haven't been able to find it. However, I don't have the full information.

Anyone know what this is?

Lately, when I go to the gym, I prespire SOOOO much, it is awful! :redface: Fairly sure, I'm worse than the other woman...or at least one of the worst. It is uncomfortable AND sometimes I have to wash my clothing afterwards twice. Yuck.

Having my hormones checked, etc. should help.

In the mean time...I really REALLY need the best top notch super duper deoderant out there. Anyone know what this former prescription strength deoderant might be and where I can get it? Thanks.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Nomad--

I notice that lots of deoderants are suddenly available in "Clinical Strength" varieties. husband sweats a lot, so we immediately tried a coupke of different brands...

He discovered that these products work no better than anything else...although they are usually ten times the price.

Try a few, they might work for you...but husband was un-impressed.

N

Nomad

Already tried that...helped a little. Works great for every day.

Just googled and found "Certain Dri" this might be it.

Anyone else try Certain dri?

shellyd67

It is Certain Dri .... As far as I know. it is unscented which always prevented me from purchasing it ..... I did use it on my wedding day but applied a scented deodorant over it.... As I recall it worked well .... let me know how it works for you and if it is now scented ... good luck !:D

trinityroyal

Nomad, I used to use Mitchum cream. Do you remember the old commercials that claimed that the anti-perspirant would last a full 24-hours? Well, I found that with Mitchum cream the claim was (almost) true. It really would hold out until the next morning's shower, unless I was doing something especially strenuous. And since it was in cream form, I was able to put it wherever I needed it most -- not just under the arms, but under my breasts and anywhere else where I perspire heavily.

One thing to watch for, be sure to wash your hands VERY carefully after applying the cream, otherwise your fingers will be affected by the anti-perspirant, which is an unpleasant and unsettling feeling.

Hope you find something that works for you.
Trinity

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have been using Mitchum since I hit "that age". I use the clear gel. It's now marketed for men, but originally it was marketed for women with the slogan: "So powerful you can miss a day".

I can't vouch for that, but I can tell you that it works for me and I sweat like a racehorse in hot weather (cows and pigs can't sweat)

susiestar

Roll With It
The clinical strength products on the market contain the ingredient (or amt of it) that used to be only available in the prescription form. Certain Dri is the name of the rx.

We looked into this for husband because he sweats a LOT. He used to use a stick antiperspirant and put on so much that the armpits of his shirts would be caked with the stuff after a month or so, even with special attention paid to that area. I stopped buying shirts that had polyester in them because after a couple of months the armpit area would actually CRACK, sort of like an eggshell. It was really strange - and gross. I finally figured that he was going through a large size antiperspirant each week because he put so much on at a time. I stopped buying the sticks or roll-ons and got the kind of gel or cream that you turn a dial and some comes up. No matter how you rub it in, unless you turn the dial you don't get any more.

His doctor told us that the Certain Dri can be very hard on your system. Having the sweat be unable to come out can lead to problems like heat exhaustion simply because your body cannot get rid of toxins or cool itself as well as it should. It stopped the sweat problem, but after a few weeks husband started to get really sick after a workout. He had to stop using it because that.

If you haven't tried Mitchum or Lady Mitchum I would try those first. They are stronger than other antiperspirants, at least for us. Mitchum does come in a cream, but is also available in gel and roll-on. Mitchum is strong enough for husband to get good results even during a workout (I have NEVER met someone who sweated the way husband does.).

I hope you find something that works for you.

N

Nomad

Thank you everyone.
I got ahold of Certain Dri AM
Apparently you put on one product at night and the Certain DRi AM in the morning.
JUST the Certain DRI AM is helping me a lot.
I might just stick with this.
Someone at the gym suggested that perhaps I buy the night time one and use it once a month and stick to the AM one only; which is weaker.